• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ChrisE RIP.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Semper Fidelis said:
mastersinart said:
mastersinart said:
Please send me Private Message Re: ChrisE. He was my best friend in Houston. I called him last night and both numbers were NIS. You seem to be the only one who knows what happened. This is David from CA, the guy behind dickwrench and thaipanda.

Thanks Glenn, I finally got ahold of Angel this morning. Thanks for being a friend to "Chrissy".
Yes no worries. I will PM you my email / phone if you want.

By the way Chris as you know got the largest kick out of the dickwrench and thaipanda usernames. He was accused and so was I with respect of who was behind those usernames.

Good times. Good and Great guy.

That's funny, I thought Chris was dickwrench

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
Semper Fidelis said:
mastersinart said:
mastersinart said:
Please send me Private Message Re: ChrisE. He was my best friend in Houston. I called him last night and both numbers were NIS. You seem to be the only one who knows what happened. This is David from CA, the guy behind dickwrench and thaipanda.

Thanks Glenn, I finally got ahold of Angel this morning. Thanks for being a friend to "Chrissy".

By the way Chris as you know got the largest kick out of the dickwrench and thaipanda usernames. He was accused and so was I with respect of who was behind those usernames.

SO did the moderators and just about everyone. Including me for a while. I was talking to him over the phone back during the dickwrench days daily. He told me after about a day or two. HEHE

Honestly we were trolling so many websites it was hard to keep track of names etc. We rolled the Toyota Prius forums for months. We both finally ran out of material. He kept trying to start a thread on places you could plug the Prius into, this was back before they had any plug charging options. :lol:

We also had a good time on a fishing site for texas. One of the best places ever was some RC forum for Remote Controlled cars / planes / helos etc. He got them all bent out of shape for asking how to make an attachment to haul a bag of dog crap below a RC helo so he could drop in someones hot tub. ROFLMAO

Unchained thanks for the info. I'm aware of that VA crisis line.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Semper Fidelis said:
patricknd said:
Semper Fidelis said:
mastersinart said:
mastersinart said:

SO did the moderators and just about everyone. Including me for a while. I was talking to him over the phone back during the dickwrench days daily. He told me after about a day or two. HEHE

Honestly we were trolling so many websites it was hard to keep track of names etc. We rolled the Toyota Prius forums for months. We both finally ran out of material. He kept trying to start a thread on places you could plug the Prius into, this was back before they had any plug charging options. :lol:

We also had a good time on a fishing site for texas. One of the best places ever was some RC forum for Remote Controlled cars / planes / helos etc. He got them all bent out of shape for asking how to make an attachment to haul a bag of dog crap below a RC helo so he could drop in someones hot tub. ROFLMAO

Unchained thanks for the info. I'm aware of that VA crisis line.

were you guys on the USPS fans forum, or the Disco fans forum, I think it was officially associated with Tailwind...

funny, I post on that, something about the Astana thing, and Lance going to Astana, and about yak's milk on the Kazaksthan steppe, I was more proud of that post than about anything else, a lot of others jumped across from cyclingforums to do the real sucker USPS fanboi troll, they thought we were serious

I remember that board and some of those posts, hilarious.

I too recall us all thinking Chris was dickwrench, even though we mods were having a heck of a time piecing together IP addresses, posting times and all, it wasn't until I think Glenn or Chris himself convinced me that he wasn't, that we finally stopped going down that rabbit hole. Pretty funny in retrospect.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
were you guys on the USPS fans forum, or the Disco fans forum, I think it was officially associated with Tailwind...

funny, I post on that, something about the Astana thing, and Lance going to Astana, and about yak's milk on the Kazaksthan steppe, I was more proud of that post than about anything else, a lot of others jumped across from cyclingforums to do the real sucker USPS fanboi troll, they thought we were serious
Yes I remember that Astana post. I think I spit out whatever I was drinking and ruined a monitor over that.

Chris yanked the crap out of people on the USPS fans forum. It was shame they stopped the forum because it was just getting really good.

Some of our more memorable DPF folks were in there also.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
I remember that board and some of those posts, hilarious.

I too recall us all thinking Chris was dickwrench, even though we mods were having a heck of a time piecing together IP addresses, posting times and all, it wasn't until I think Glenn or Chris himself convinced me that he wasn't, that we finally stopped going down that rabbit hole. Pretty funny in retrospect.

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chris back then done quite a bit of traveling and he freaking would make new accounts almost everywhere he went.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
So many apologies to make...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of ChrisE.

I am sorry to have been away so long that I'm only finding out about it now., and about Glenn's name change.

I am sorry for the unanswered PMs.

(My only excuse is that I have had health issues, and my head has been in strange, other places.)

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to you Glenn on the loss of your friend. Alpe and blutto said it all about him on the first page.

RIP ChrisE

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Amsterhammer said:
So many apologies to make...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of ChrisE.

I am sorry to have been away so long that I'm only finding out about it now., and about Glenn's name change.

I am sorry for the unanswered PMs.

(My only excuse is that I have had health issues, and my head has been in strange, other places.)

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to you Glenn on the loss of your friend. Alpe and blutto said it all about him on the first page.

RIP ChrisE

Nice to see you back. Hopefully your health troubles are sorted.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Amsterhammer said:
Scott SoCal said:
Nice to see you back. Hopefully your health troubles are sorted.

Thanks, Scotty. I'm on the mend.
Thanks for the posts Amsterhammer! I hope you are indeed getting better / on the mend. I also went through some health issues and still going through a few but things are getting better.

Not being in good health was not helped by your hammer's! It has been a rough season for them.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Not to be all sentimental again. But Just today I had lunch with someone and had to tell them that Chris is no longer with us. We merkans have a weird way to not stay in touch. Miss ya my man.

So sorry to hear about Chris. Last year, during the campaign when the US Politics thread was in a frenzy, I often wondered where he was. I would have loved to have had him posting then. Chris, of course, could not be pigeon-holed into a particular political party or position. He criticized just about everyone and everything—including himself.

I got to know him in the Clinic back in the day when everything revolved around LA, and whether he was ever going to get caught and banned. My position should have made me the target of Chris' vitriol, but he always expressed great respect for me. We got along just fine. We even PMd a few times, and I guess it can be revealed now that in one of those PMs, he wanted my advice on how to drive Python nuts!

I never met Chris face-to-face, but his death is probably a little more personal for me than for others here, because many years ago I suffered from depression. I remember one moment from that time when, had I owned a gun and known how to use it, I might very well have killed myself (that’s not the only reason I support gun control, but it’s a good one). Not because I was in so much pain, but because life was completely meaningless, it made no difference at all whether I lived or died.

I don’t know what Chris’ situation was before he died, but I can easily understand how even those close to him might not have seen it coming. Depression is frequently an almost invisible disease, even, in some ways, to those experiencing it. I will say, though, that from reading his posts and looking at the video that Glenn posted, I find it very hard to believe he was suffering from depression during the period he was active in this forum. There’s an energy there that, in my limited experience at least, is absent when one is depressed. Maybe it was a more recent development, or maybe the factors leading to his death were completely external.

Glenn, I assume you know his wife/widow and daughter well. I have no idea what you would say or did say to them at that time. I can only hope that the daughter, particularly vulnerable, does not in any way see herself to blame for this.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Merckx index said:
So sorry to hear about Chris. Last year, during the campaign when the US Politics thread was in a frenzy, I often wondered where he was. I would have loved to have had him posting then. Chris, of course, could not be pigeon-holed into a particular political party or position. He criticized just about everyone and everything—including himself.

I got to know him in the Clinic back in the day when everything revolved around LA, and whether he was ever going to get caught and banned. My position should have made me the target of Chris' vitriol, but he always expressed great respect for me. We got along just fine. We even PMd a few times, and I guess it can be revealed now that in one of those PMs, he wanted my advice on how to drive Python nuts!

I never met Chris face-to-face, but his death is probably a little more personal for me than for others here, because many years ago I suffered from depression. I remember one moment from that time when, had I owned a gun and known how to use it, I might very well have killed myself (that’s not the only reason I support gun control, but it’s a good one). Not because I was in so much pain, but because life was completely meaningless, it made no difference at all whether I lived or died.

I don’t know what Chris’ situation was before he died, but I can easily understand how even those close to him might not have seen it coming. Depression is frequently an almost invisible disease, even, in some ways, to those experiencing it. I will say, though, that from reading his posts and looking at the video that Glenn posted, I find it very hard to believe he was suffering from depression during the period he was active in this forum. There’s an energy there that, in my limited experience at least, is absent when one is depressed. Maybe it was a more recent development, or maybe the factors leading to his death were completely external.

Glenn, I assume you know his wife/widow and daughter well. I have no idea what you would say or did say to them at that time. I can only hope that the daughter, particularly vulnerable, does not in any way see herself to blame for this.
Thanks for the post Merx I should have replied before.

Yes I know he liked you (Ludwig)

His daughter is doing well. I know during Fathers day it was a tough time.

How that dam hound lived longer than Chris I will never know.

reminiscing tonight..a thread was brought up on twitter and another convo included Glenn..and I ended up here and saw this :((
though I could not bring myself to understand ChrisE on this foruml I am sorry & sad to hear of his troubled passing. No one should ever have to suffer that in life. I miss many of you here..agree or not there is a personal story behind each one of us..hugs to you all and rest in peace Chris..

TRENDING THREADS