• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Citizens Getting Involved (Tailwind-Postal related)

Interesting video on Youtube from an individual named Fred Mauney, who's digging a bit into the Tailwind Sports-US postal service involvement with LA's doping, something he terms "worldwide scandal"

He personally messaged me to make me aware of its upload. Looks like he's having a series on it as well. Anyone know him?

Video : Tour de France Scam Part 1

A

Anonymous

Cozy Beehive said:
Interesting video on Youtube from an individual named Fred Mauney, who's digging a bit into the Tailwind Sports-US postal service involvement with LA's doping, something he terms "worldwide scandal"

He personally messaged me to make me aware of its upload. Looks like he's having a series on it as well. Anyone know him?

Its totally me...

A

Anonymous

Cozy Beehive said:
With 6000 posts, you maybe as old as that guy. :D Anyway, if you're not joking, the video is pretty thrilling.

I am joking, but if I see him in CLT, I will certainly talk with him if for no other reason than to help him with his terminology.

A

Anonymous

Im struggling with the accent and the speed he talks at.

So hang on. tailwind are the CIA? Fred works for the post office?

I am really truly lost.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Cozy Beehive said:
As I predicted, the infestation from here has carried onto Youtube.

I hope that was not infestation from here. I give most of the members here more credit than that ball of misinformation/confusion

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I don't mind someone speaking to the press - and in particular when they feel they have been wronged - but Greg has gone to far making a video of himself outside the White House....

Seriously though, CB, as you are in touch with this gentleman:

Cindy Sisson was one of a number of Managing Directors within Tailwind - she was MD over the motorsport division of Tailwind.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=57141&FS=MISC

He is on to something though......

Dr. Maserati said:
He is on to something though......

Which is why I said it is thrilling. Like a movie. I do not say that all the stuff he says is true. Check out Fred Mauney's website. He's a freelance paralegal investigator, much like most of us here are freelance, *cough*, investigators. But his story is really interesting.

Btw, who is this infestation by the name of Chuck Henderson?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cozy Beehive said:
Which is why I said it is thrilling. Like a movie. I do not say that all the stuff he says is true. Check out Fred Mauney's website. He's a freelance paralegal investigator, much like most of us here are freelance, *cough*, investigators. But his story is really interesting.

Btw, who is this infestation by the name of Chuck Henderson?

Hahaha.... ChuckHenderson is BPC - same stuff he was saying about myself and TFF earlier.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
look at these:

never tested positive
never gave donations
never considered himself an owner

the one and only explanation which will be given over and over and over and over and over and over and over

"i don't remember" :D

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Cozy Beehive said:

Amazing. The CIA = Tailwind angle is perfect. All it needs is involvement from the Bush family and we are good to go. The comments are priceless too... can't wait for part 2.

TeamSkyFans said:
Im struggling with the accent and the speed he talks at.

So hang on. tailwind are the CIA? Fred works for the post office?

I am really truly lost.
Translation for the deep south English-impaired :p

This guy had nothing to do with cycling, he started researching US Postal Service when they wouldn't pay him what he thought they owed him as reward money for testifying against a murder suspect.

Found out they sponsored a pro cycling team to the tune of $9 million. Learned about Lance's recovery from cancer (which he claims is miraculous, but that's beside the point). He questions why other teams were caught for doping while Postal was squeaky clean and never caught (until the whole recent Landis thing).

Dug deeper, found out that Tailwind Sports was the organisation who managed/owned the team, he met with Cindy Sisson to tell her about his investigation against USPS. He wanted to know how TS talked USPS into paying that kind of money to sponsor a sports team when US Gov't agencies don't sponsor anyone else.

Then a few days later, he went back and their offices were gone, moved to California and the Nascar folks he knows don't know anything about TS -- who was involved with Nascar. He claims this kind of quick exit and secrecy plus the inside track on doping that no other team has, etc. etc. is only possible if you're a CIA-type. He gets a hold of TS in California and they claim to never have heard of Cindy Sisson.

Meanwhile he digs deeper and finds out that LA bet on himself to win the TdF three times (I've searched for this, but can't find it, does anyone have a link to this story?) This is important because with the exception of the obvious horse-racing, betting like that is unheard of in American sports. Pete Rose, one of the greatest baseball players ever, has been blackballed and booted out of the Hall of Fame for betting on games while he was a player. That's how much of a no-no it is.

So this is some ordinary guy, a mini Michael Moore as it were, who had a reason to look into the USPS and found out a lot more than he bargained for. Whether or not it's all true or exaggerated, who knows. But we do know that at least parts of it are true, and this whole Tailwind Sports angle is a good one given LA's recent recanting of his ownership of the company.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
smaryka said:
....... But we do know that at least parts of it are true, and this whole Tailwind Sports angle is a good one given LA's recent recanting of his ownership of the company.

it would be amazing if this guy, whose digging, sinks the goodship LieStrong:D

a postal worker got Uniballer. what a hollywood ending:cool:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
the guy is nuts

he does not come across well, but who knows with Weisel and Armstrong what sleaze that got up to. the way the thing is going nothing would surprise me with these people.

TeamSkyFans said:
i have just wasted an hour of my life watching this http://vod.grassrootstv.org/vodcontent/6217.wmv

cheer up you could spent it replying to SpartacusRox, Polish and BPC's increasing trolling..:D

TRENDING THREADS