• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

City you would like to live in?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
nvpacchi said:
I will second Ottawa and Montreal. Two favorite cities I have visited, and I have extremely limited knowledge of the french language

Have always wanted to visit Vancouver and loads of places in Europe, (its all better than where I am now)

Yeah lol Syracuse. I was born up there in northern ny. I feel your pain.

Agree with the Montreal stuff except whoever said the skiing's good there. Um yah, good's a releitive term but still...

Also glad sw UT's getting some props, I have family out there and have spent much time riding. Only prob with the area is that it's really hot in the summer at lower elevations. Skiing is so amazing to the north in the Wasatch, I'd prefer SLC area at this point in my life.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
pmcg76 said:
Alpe & TFF, thanks for the photos, I am thinking of doing a trip to the Rocky mountain states in the future and these pictures have given me ideas for place to visit. Look amazing.
Don't forget Bryce Canyon is very close to Zion. I took a sunrise horseback ride there it was spectacular. OK I lied I was riding a mule because I was too big for their horses.:eek:
bryce-canyon-hoodoos.jpg

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
Don't forget Bryce Canyon is very close to Zion. I took a sunrise horseback ride there it was spectacular. OK I lied I was riding a mule because I was too big for their horses.:eek:

Yea, Bryce is amazing, and the mountain biking in Moab is NOT overrated. Slickrock is freaking awesome, Poison Spider Mesa (Portal is every bit as terrifying as its billed), Arches is freaking awesome, White Rim trail, like was said, Northern AZ and Southern Utah is some of the most amazing scenery you will ever see.

Bryce:

bryce-canyon2.jpg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I would like to live in Vancouver/Victoria...as I've always had a great time there when visiting. In Edmonton at the moment and...well lets just say that winter goes on far too long for my liking, especially coming from Dublin where it rarely gets below zero in the winter, the other places that I would go back to are Forster Tuncurry (NSW)- I think it avg's 20'C all year long. Nice, France.

Italia!

I could close my eyes and point to a map of Italia and go live the rest of my life wherever my finger fell (preferably Southern).

Wife and I are off to Sicilia for three weeks tomorrow...

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
steelciocc said:
I could close my eyes and point to a map of Italia and go live the rest of my life wherever my finger fell (preferably Southern).

Wife and I are off to Sicilia for three weeks tomorrow...

Ah, great. Greet Sicilia !

But your timing seems to be....suboptimal. :D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Vancouver, Montreal, and Ottawa if I had to stay in the country.
I lived in Victoria and loved it. Funny about the "newlywed and nearly dead" line, that's exactly what I heard when I moved there 20 years ago. Not true though, the oldies all moved out to Oak Bay and Saanich. Great town.

If my wife chooses - Paris.
If I choose - Siena.
If my wife ever left me - screw the cities I'm heading back to the Yukon.

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Has got to be Berlin for me, such a nice city, great people, great mix of modern and old, I prefer it even to Paris! So Berlin would be my favorite but then again, any city is better than Irish countryside!!