• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clásica San Sebastián 2010 - 31 July

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a good stage for Phillipe Gilbert. That guy can descend like crazy(at least the descend I've seen him do once with Cuddles, they were going crazy fast)

And how is it not a very exciting write up? Guys like Contador, Schleck, Gilbert, Menchov, etc

edit: you were probably being sarcastic.

Bala Verde said:
Hesjedal anyone? Or has he given too much in the TdF?
He seemed to be getting stronger and stronger.

For example, compare his first few mountainstages compared to the last ones.
He improved from barely top 15 climber top 5 climber.
I already joked that if they went on for 2 more weeks he'd probably leave Contador and Andy behind.

So if he takes his rest the coming days I think he will be very strong on saturday

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
VeloGirl said:
I might have spoke too soon. They look to be pretty much the same.

Wouldn't mind to see Sastre take it - only because I appreciated him speaking up and calling the peloton spoiled brats. That made me smile

The start list I found is kept by diario vasco, so i am guessing they are well in formed? On the other hand they listed Uran, and the latest I heard was that he crashed out with a shoulder/collarbone fraction.

Anyway, we seem to have found agreement on the likely winner, so i'll be closing the thread already :D

Bala Verde said:
The start list I found is kept by diario vasco, so i am guessing they are well in formed? On the other hand they listed Uran, and the latest I heard was that he crashed out with a shoulder/collarbone fraction.

Anyway, we seem to have found agreement on the likely winner, so i'll be closing the thread already :D
Now I don't pretend to know Hesjedal that intimately, but how fast is he? Because I don't see him outsprinting any of the other favourites who should make it to the top of Jaizkibel on the front.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Jaizkibel is the highest climb in the profile (Cat 1). The other climb in the final loop is Arkale (Cat 2).

galeria27679-001.jpg

Weather forecast, with all the uncertainties of 6 days ahead, gives 50% chance of rain.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Any of the following will take it (and I am never wrong ;))

-Sanchez: missing podium has filled his stomach with anger...

-Chavanel: he has good form

-Hesjedal: good form needs to win something

-Barredo: he has what it takes to break the race (head) open (with a spare wheel)

-Schleck: superb form, why not

TRENDING THREADS