• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clasica San Sebastian

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
vcampbell said:
Almost :( (It was still good)

7th is a great result for him. and he did good in Tour de L'Ain last week too. He is looking to have a solid Autumn and good to see his career back on track after his failure at OMPQs which made him lose his desire for cycling some years back

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Indeed. He got me kinda worried :)

Nice win by Luis Leon. Attacked exactly on the right moment. If groups come together there is always an attack and a far chance he gets to stay away or atleast get away for a while.
Nice defensive work by his teammates.

Same here. But it's safe to say Mollema was one of the strongest riders today so I have good hopes for the Vuelta. For the entire Rabobank team, actually.

Der Effe said:
Same here. But it's safe to say Mollema was one of the strongest riders today so I have good hopes for the Vuelta. For the entire Rabobank team, actually.
Mollema is the type of rider who just lets go when he feels slightly off. Nothing much to worry about. And indeed today he was really strong, I think he'll be close to 4th in the Vuelta again.

And he'll have a good domestique in Gesink, who seems okay but nothing more.

theyoungest said:
Mollema is the type of rider who just lets go when he feels slightly off. Nothing much to worry about. And indeed today he was really strong, I think he'll be close to 4th in the Vuelta again.

And he'll have a good domestique in Gesink, who seems okay but nothing more.

Yep. Gesink was unable to close some gaps at first then Mollema jumped to a ****load of wheels. Last 2-3km it was Gesink again who did the defensive work, but it was pretty done by then.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Mollema and Gesink both looked to have good legs and played a key part in the final. I think both'll be a factor in the Vuelta.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Kwibus said:
They won't respect his attack and in the end they were allright since Machado will finish atleast 10 minutes behind the winner ;)

28.[POR] MACHADO Tiago Jose Pinto RNT 11"

12 seconds less and he would have won

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Sky riders were the strongest, but each one rode as one man team, but Froome will have the strongest team by far. Porte, who started in february, was very good today.:eek:

Rabobank was strong too, and Saxo with Majka good, Hernandez average and Navarro bad.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
will10 said:
Mollema and Gesink both looked to have good legs and played a key part in the final. I think both'll be a factor in the Vuelta.

Gesink surprisingly good, Mollema very strong, but terrain suited him. They certainly are looking good!

Talansky also looking good for the Vuelta!

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
machadoeasy.jpg

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
7th is a great result for him. and he did good in Tour de L'Ain last week too. He is looking to have a solid Autumn and good to see his career back on track after his failure at OMPQs which made him lose his desire for cycling some years back

Yes, I think so too, but it was just a "why not 6 places better?" sad smile ;)

TRENDING THREADS