• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clean french cycling

Lebreton and Heulot were on EPO in 1996... just to follow the crazy peloton ;)
Francis Lafargue was with Delgado & Big Mig since I've watched races in the mid 80's.. sure he knows much about what a "professional" team is. This said, Heulot is a smart guy, a bit Vaughters-like, not Riis for sure.

Let's see:
Heulot - most likely doped (like, 99% sure)
Jan, Lebreton - low profile ex-pros, probably doped at some point

OK, but honestly, former pros having doped in the 90s isn't that troubling to me, personally. I have much more of an issue with this:
Francis Lafargue
Key man at Banesto.

Can't comment on anyone else though.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Menuet?

Part of the reason why so few teams (none?) raises question about some of the recent performances seems to come back to "we are doing it ourself".

The first one who noticed the biggest problem! :mad:

Seems people forget the Cofidis scandal beyond "David Millar".

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Can you summarize his role in that fiasco?

From Moller's book "Scapegoat" re Michael Rasmussen - In the early part of the book, Moller writes about Millar & the Cofidis scandal:

According to Gaumont's testimony, Millar ordered [team Doctor] Menuet to give the remainder of his product to Gaumont and another Cofidis rider, Cedric Vasseur. "On the orders of Millar, Menuet injected us with the clear liquid", Gaumont said, "If Menuet agreed to do this, it is because Millar asked him. He is the team leader and has a lot of power over the other riders and over Menuet."

This is apparently part of Philippe Gaumont's testimony to Judge Richard Pallain re the Cofidis affair. Gaumont's testimony led to the police later searching Millar's home, finding the EPO syringes, and arresting Millar.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Franklin said:
And this is why people like me have no faith at all.

http://www.equipe-sojasun.com/le-staff/
Did you hack my PC?

Sojasun was on MY list...

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jan04/jan13news2

Meneut

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/blog-gianetti-is-ingrained-with-doping-17649/

Heulot I believe in somehow
actu_maillot_heulot_300.jpg

crying like a baby, 1996.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
" According to Gaumont's testimony, Millar ordered [team Doctor] Menuet to give the remainder of his product to Gaumont and another Cofidis rider, Cedric Vasseur. "On the orders of Millar, Menuet injected us with the clear liquid", Gaumont said, "If Menuet agreed to do this, it is because Millar asked him. He is the team leader and has a lot of power over the other riders and over Menuet."

So we have Millar & Vasseur leading the PUBLIC to THINK that " Cycle Road Racing " is CLEANER ?

Cleaner than when they were using ?

Why are those in the Clinic ignoring ways to make their views CLEAR to the Peloton ?

Time that something constructive was done !

Whining & posting suspicions has acheived NOTHING !

of course " petitions " are already there , but , WHY NOT CREATE something that ALL can subscribe ?

skippy said:
Why are those in the Clinic ignoring ways to make their views CLEAR to the Peloton ?

of course " petitions " are already there , but , WHY NOT CREATE something that ALL can subscribe ?

Like what exactly? The UCI has a worldwide monopoly on competitive cycling. They aren't going anywhere. **Plenty** of idiots with money for Pat, Hein and Co to exploit along with their IOC funding means there's really nothing to stop them.

What do you propose?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
skippy said:
" According to Gaumont's testimony, Millar ordered [team Doctor] Menuet to give the remainder of his product to Gaumont and another Cofidis rider, Cedric Vasseur. "On the orders of Millar, Menuet injected us with the clear liquid", Gaumont said, "If Menuet agreed to do this, it is because Millar asked him. He is the team leader and has a lot of power over the other riders and over Menuet."

So we have Millar & Vasseur leading the PUBLIC to THINK that " Cycle Road Racing " is CLEANER ?

Cleaner than when they were using ?

I guess that most of the peloton who can read English check in to read the clinic on a regular basis. Those who cant will hear about it if they get a mention.