• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cliff Calvin where are you?

I called a few folks..just to check in and get a trusted report on the storm.. I lived and worked in Orlando Florida for a couple of years..did some racing..
I would bring my clothes to the dry cleaners and shower and change at work.. I was the only person ever to ride a bike to work, and the only person who took a shower in the hazardous chemical wash station..my activities were always a running joke amongst my co-workers.. lots of joking about Lycra, shaved legs and taking a woman on my bicycle for dinner or a drink date..
The funniest, most long lasting joke.. this is hard.. I trained a bunch.. weight room, watched my diet, speed work behind motorcycle or car..all the right things..
A couple of my first races were in Lakeland FL area..or Ocala area.. I returned to work on Monday and I thought I would win or at the very least get a result..no way!!
A local, stand out was a postal worker who could fly!! The guy was old.. that was @20 years ago!!! The man had an on the rivet ,seat slammed forward position.. kind of a triathlete look..he would just ride away from everyone..!? Kind of a time trial,, for him..now the joke part.. after I told them about getting spanked by an old postman.. more than once..
"Did Cliff Clavin.beat you again this weekend"? The answer was a consistent..yes.. with a great deal of resentment...
Does anyone know what that guys name is?? Nobody could remember.. maybe Wayne......?

Unchained said:
I called a few folks..just to check in and get a trusted report on the storm.. I lived and worked in Orlando Florida for a couple of years..did some racing..
I would bring my clothes to the dry cleaners and shower and change at work.. I was the only person ever to ride a bike to work, and the only person who took a shower in the hazardous chemical wash station..my activities were always a running joke amongst my co-workers.. lots of joking about Lycra, shaved legs and taking a woman on my bicycle for dinner or a drink date..
The funniest, most long lasting joke.. this is hard.. I trained a bunch.. weight room, watched my diet, speed work behind motorcycle or car..all the right things..
A couple of my first races were in Lakeland FL area..or Ocala area.. I returned to work on Monday and I thought I would win or at the very least get a result..no way!!
A local, stand out was a postal worker who could fly!! The guy was old.. that was @20 years ago!!! The man had an on the rivet ,seat slammed forward position.. kind of a triathlete look..he would just ride away from everyone..!? Kind of a time trial,, for him..now the joke part.. after I told them about getting spanked by an old postman.. more than once..
"Did Cliff Clavin.beat you again this weekend"? The answer was a consistent..yes.. with a great deal of resentment...
Does anyone know what that guys name is?? Nobody could remember.. maybe Wayne......?
Jim Ratsenbuerg (or something like that) if you mean Cliff's name, if you mean the postal worker, I have no idea.

John Ratzenberger. Believe it or not, I briefly worked with the guy once. Not that we were buddies, but he did buy lunch for several of us and I got to talk with him a bit. 50/50 he'd remember me. Pretty straight forward guy, but every so often would say something hilarious with a total straight face. Worked his way up from next to nothing, and put a lot of sweat and toil into a long career. Married a looker, who belies her looks and actually is a pretty well rounded person, super easy to talk to. Most of John's work is in voice talent these days.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001652/

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
John Ratzenberger. Believe it or not, I briefly worked with the guy once. Not that we were buddies, but he did buy lunch for several of us and I got to talk with him a bit. 50/50 he'd remember me. Pretty straight forward guy, but every so often would say something hilarious with a total straight face. Worked his way up from next to nothing, and put a lot of sweat and toil into a long career. Married a looker, who belies her looks and actually is a pretty well rounded person, super easy to talk to. Most of John's work is in voice talent these days.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001652/
I'm surprised I was that close with my guess! :D

hojoos

BANNED
Jul 18, 2019
Visit site
lol, what do you mean he could fly? Like for real? haha so anyway a cool story. and now a bit offtopic, does anyone know how I can find the glasgow postcode? I live here now and want to order a couple of things from Amazon but I don’t know the postcode. Is there anyone from here or from the UK? thanks in advance

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS