• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clin-Fantast-ique: The New Off-Season Game

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:
2009 Used Blood Doping Kits with 7 distinct DNA signatures found in Astana Trash during 09 TDF (TubularBills #7) - To date no DNA matching tests have been performed, though the final link hints at a Interpol/US connection.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/blood-doping-kits-found-at-astana-20091224-ldnx.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/i...g-tour-de-france/story-e6frf9if-1225786486332

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4...SP-investigation-from-2009-still-ongoing.aspx

In your opinion with DNA evidence why were the 09 Astana riders riding the 2010 tour.?

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
In your opinion with DNA evidence why were the 09 Astana riders riding the 2010 tour.?

As for MY opinion, the UCI doesn't REALLY want to catch anyone. Black-eye on the sport, and all. Sort of why the AFLD was b*tching about the UCI giving preferencial treatment to certain teams.

Oh cr*p, just broke the post rules... Sorry about that, tubular...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

What I am trying to say is if everything you have said(Andersons lawsuit, DNA evidence 1999 pos EPO evidence )and Armstrong and his crew were still riding how can Novitzky hang Armstrong, comeon biggest race in the world, only race we as Americans care about and Armstrong just went and did his thing. I do not get it, everyone points fingers at Armstrong. Oh yeah I forgot it is a witch hunt.

flicker said:

Good Question, they shouldn't have been and not just the Astana's but the former riders now on Shack as well (with the exception of Leipheimer, who was out before the gear was found), since they we're implicated in an ongoing investigation - in a just world they would have been provisionally suspended - at which point each of the rider's could have asked for an accelerated DNA matching test to clear their names. Somewhat like the anonymous US rider who requested an accelerated judgment before the US Pro's this year.

"At the same time, the AFLD accused the International Cycling Union (UCI), its partner during anti-doping tests at the Tour de France, of showing "preferential treatment" to Astana."

Sound familiar? It's like a broken record... UCI, UCI, UCI... haunting and taunting.

See the next post, for UCI assertion with links following thread rules.

2001 TdS EPO Positive, UCI "Bribe," and Lance's out of character return to Lausanne. (Premise and Connections credited to The Doc and Race Radio)

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5218887

Dr. Maserati said:
The UCI managed to keep Contadors positive A&B sample quiet for 2 months - and don't forget that Pat McQuaid stated the 'letters from the labs' would be published on the "UCI website in a sign of transparency" - which has not happened.

Back in 2001 there was no WADA to worry about. The test was done in Lausanne, any positive went to the UCI & IOC both based in Lausanne with Verbruggen involved at a top level in both.

Landis said LA & JB went to Lausanne shortly after...... quite an amazing coincidence that instead of flying back to the States straight after the Tour like he did in every year after 99 Lance rode A Travers a Lausanne right after the Tourand flew back to the States the following day.

Race Radio said:
Few would have know if it wasn't for Voet, just like few knew of Armstrong's payoff until Landis... By the time Armstrong tested positive for Cortisone in 1999, or EPO in 2001, or the 6 positives in 1999 Verbruggen was well practiced in making it all go away.

This thread details the tangled web of conflicts of interest:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=7674

Extraordinary Performances and the company you keep:

Fastest time ever recorded at the 13.8km long Alp d'Huez:

01) Pantani in 1995......: 36.40 (Doper)
02) Pantani in 1997......: 36.45 (Doper)
03) Pantani in 1994......: 37.15 (Doper)
04) Ullrich in 1997........: 37.30 (Doper)
05) Armstrong in 2004..: 37.36 (Teflon)
06) Armstrong in 2001..: 38.01 (Teflon)
07) Indurain in 1995.....: 38.04 (?)
08) Zülle in 1995..........: 38.04 (Doper)
09) Riis in 1995............: 38.06 (Doper)
10) Virenque in 1997.....: 38.11 (Doper)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+following+2001+tour&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Tour+winner+power+to+weight.gif

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2010/07/looking-back-on-letour-post-collection.html

TubularBills said:
Extraordinary Performances and the company you keep:

Fastest time ever recorded at the 13.8km long Alp d'Huez:

01) Pantani in 1995......: 36.40 (Doper)
02) Pantani in 1997......: 36.45 (Doper)
03) Pantani in 1994......: 37.15 (Doper)
04) Ullrich in 1997........: 37.30 (Doper)
05) Armstrong in 2004..: 37.36 (Teflon)
06) Armstrong in 2001..: 38.01 (Teflon)
07) Indurain in 1995.....: 38.04 (?)
08) Zülle in 1995..........: 38.04 (Doper)
09) Riis in 1995............: 38.06 (Doper)
10) Virenque in 1997.....: 38.11 (Doper)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+following+2001+tour&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Tour+winner+power+to+weight.gif

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2010/07/looking-back-on-letour-post-collection.html
Teflon? LOL.

My numbers are for Alpe d'Huez in 2004. 6.6 Watts/Kg.

The number in the Sports of the Scientist chart is wrong. There is no way in this world that you can get a 6.97 Watts/Kg for 2004. If anybody does the calculation there is no way you can get close to 6.97 watts/kg changing all the variables. The 6.6 Watts/Kg is already suspicious enough for the 3rd week of the Tour.

Escarabajo said:
Teflon? LOL.

My numbers are for Alpe d'Huez in 2004. 6.6 Watts/Kg.

The number in the Sports of the Scientist chart is wrong. There is no way in this world that you can get a 6.97 Watts/Kg for 2004. If anybody does the calculation there is no way you can get close to 6.97 watts/kg changing all the variables. The 6.6 Watts/Kg is already suspicious enough for the 3rd week of the Tour.

Good Point and you're in good company, and your figure puts him in 'highest ever' Pantani territory:

The VAM (Velocità Ascensionale Media) or average climbing speed adjusted for the gradient... In the past Sassi has said that any value over 6.2w/kg for a long effort on a major climb at the end of a stage race could be an indication of doping.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sassi-talks-about-basso-evans-and-the-zoncolan

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2010/05/denials-acceptance-and-anti-doping.html

Thanks for supporting the thread.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Congragulations on your work Mr. Bill,

You can call me a fool but I still and always will trust and love Mr. Armstrong.

I see the big picture. I do not criticize you, I believe the truth should come out.

What I believe is it should come out. About everyone. Advice, be careful what you pray for, be careful what you ask for. You may be shocked and the pandoras box that you open may be a black snake you never believed existed.

This is of course metaphor. If you do not believe in the myth that is fine. I do believe in miracles. If you choose to flip off Johann or challange Armstrong privately you have the right.

I will ask you in a nice way though please do not yell your information towards Armstrong or LIVESTRONG supporters.

flicker said:

You can call me a fool but I still and always will trust and love Mr. Armstrong.

I see the big picture. I do not criticize you, I believe the truth should come out.

What I believe is it should come out. About everyone. Advice, be careful what you pray for, be careful what you ask for. You may be shocked and the pandoras box that you open may be a black snake you never believed existed.

This is of course metaphor. If you do not believe in the myth that is fine. I do believe in miracles. If you choose to flip off Johann or challange Armstrong privately you have the right.

I will ask you in a nice way though please do not yell your information towards Armstrong or LIVESTRONG supporters.

Appreciate the sentiments Flicker, but it's just a game.

I figured it might be a healthy way for the residents to channel all of their research into a healthy construct, and while away the off season contemplating the years of preparation for the inevitable.

We're paying for it anyway, so why not enjoy it.

Look at it as catharsis.

The truth will set you free.

Not yelling, simply attempting to build a quiet logical case grounded in fact.

I was however hoping it would be a community effort... ? Anyone?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:
Appreciate the sentiments Flicker, but it's just a game.

I figured it might be a healthy way for the residents to channel all of their research into a healthy construct, and while away the off season contemplating the years of preparation for the inevitable.

We're paying for it anyway, so why not enjoy it.

Look at it as catharsis.

The truth will set you free.

Not yelling, simply attempting to build a quiet logical case grounded in fact.

I was however hoping it would be a community effort... ? Anyone?

Carry on soldier. All I am saying is we have heard it all before. You wouldn't want to taint a jury though. Taring and feathering someone on an internet forum is OK but if what you say constructed in an understandable way leaks out to someone on the outside, well we would all be the fools.

Even though I as the only beacon of ARMSTRONG light shines brightly , illuminating rainbow colored waterfalls of gushing Armstrong love, where unicorns dance and gallop and there is no wrong if you crush my man-cave of 7TdF trophies I will be one sorry mofo.

My unabounding LANCE love is radiated through the endless blue orbs of my cycling man-satyr.

Let me live in my misty morning sunshine where the clean one stands upon the late July podium applauded by all in Gaul-land.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Even though I as the only beacon of ARMSTRONG light shines brightly , illuminating rainbow colored waterfalls of gushing Armstrong love, where unicorns dance and gallop and there is no wrong if you crush my man-cave of 7TdF trophies I will be one sorry mofo.

My unabounding LANCE love is radiated through the endless blue orbs of my cycling man-satyr.

Let me live in my misty morning sunshine where the clean one stands upon the late July podium applauded by all in Gaul-land.

Awwww, Flicker, that's beautiful... not really on topic, but beautiful... And funny!

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
In my opinion if Anderson had found drugs in Armstrongs' Girona apartment the logical and ethical move would be for him to report the drugs to the local police and walk away. (from his job with Armstrong) (He stuck around on the promise of money to start a bike shop?) It sounds to me like Anderson was complicite in illegal activities which may have involved Armstrong as soon as Anderson identified the drugs put them back and took no action.

If Anderson knew of illegal and unsportsmansip(cheating) he should have walked away then and there. IMO he was a part of everything.

My newest ignore club member.

In another country with his wife, being paid a pittance for being LA's personal gophers, probably without the financial means to just walk away? And that makes him complicit in LA's drug activities? Were you on the OJ jury? Don't bother answering as I won't be reading any more of your drivel.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Ummm . . . shouldn't that be just one orb?

flicker said:

Blue orbs and a Pandora's box that becomes a black snake you never believed existed? Calling Dr. Freud. Doctor Freud, please report to the Clinic, please . . . .

TRENDING THREADS