• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN Tour coverage assessment one - fail (badly)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I always used to look forward to an extensive gallery of the tour presentation, it set the tone for the rest of the race when your anticipation is at a high level. Incredibly interesting and informative along with interviews and colour commentary.

....... our new cycling news attitude - nah stuff it doesnt matter. Fail.

I also note the site is now updated only once or twice a day it used to be updated much more frequently and was my main source of news. Another fail.

.... so beside the actual way the site works being rubbish a conscious decision to reduce photos and journalistic content also appears to have been made. Oh and I dont care about local GB news, this is supposed to be an international site.

It just seems there are so many things wrong that there has been a deliberate effort to downgrade the site, I just dont understand what you are trying to do other than that.

I guess we have SBS.com.au in Australia which is the site linked to the broadcaster here, a lot of other sites must be very happy you have taken the gun and shot yourselves in both feet.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Rentakill said:
I also note the site is now updated only once or twice a day it used to be updated much more frequently and was my main source of news. Another fail.

Cyclingnews has staff on a minimum of 23 hours a day on business days at this time of year, so not sure how you've come to this conclusion. We did have some technical problems with the changes rolled out on Tuesday which made updating things like the carousel challenging, however the rest of the website was still being updated and these issues have now been resolved.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Gee thanks for that, at least after the thirty seconds or so that it took for the page to load. Since you asked, I based it on the fact that I used to just click on the page several times a day and find something new, topical and interesting, but now it might be there but I havent got the time or the inclination to go looking for it especially as the pages take so long to load.

I see you ducked all the rest of the stuff I raised.