• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN Tyler Hamilton interview

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/exclusive-interview-tyler-hamilton

Sooo... any guesses?

After his comeback in 2008, and during a stage of the Tour of Georgia a prominent team director called through on the race radio ‘here comes ‘Fuentes’ client’ just as Hamilton was chasing back through the team cars.

Hamilton was unaware of the comment until later that night when a teammate confided in him. Pent up with rage at the audacity shown by the team director who was as a former doper and teammate, Hamilton approached him at dinner.

“I heard you said something about me?” Hamilton said in front of a crowd of riders at dinner.

The director froze to the spot and was suitably embarrassed.

“Well your team were great today,” Hamilton said smiling, realising he’d accomplished his task of making his accuser feel like an ***.

This could be J Vaughters, but I haven't gone through the list of teams at the 2008 TdG.

The same year Hamilton and his Rock Racing teammates were criticised by a prominent rider at another US race. ‘These guys shouldn’t be at the event’ the athlete told the press, pointing out that Hamilton’s and several of his teammates had been involved in Operacion Puerto. Hamilton was at the race but wasn’t racing.

During the next stage several of the Rock riders circled behind the offending rider. ‘Hey Luigi’ they heckled. ‘Luigi, **** you.’

Luigi was of course the rider’s Puerto code name. Only Luigi had never been caught and never been sanctioned.

Anyone know Luigi's real identity? It can't be Dekker, he didn't start the 2008 ToC -- excuse me, the AMGEN ToC.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Is Luigi supposed to be a Cecchini client?

What's to stop it being Cancellara?

This was posted on another thread by jfromm -

Rock Racing’s Tyler Hamilton, Oscar Sevilla and Santiago Botero may have been denied a start at the Amgen Tour of California, but the trio — along with teammate and fellow non-starter Kayle Leogrande — have been a common sight along the race route and at the start and finish lines. And race leader Fabian Cancellara isn’t too happy about that.

“They think they can ride their bikes and be at the start line but they still have problems on their shoulders and that is not good for our sport,” Cancellara (CSC) said at Monday’s post-race press conference, without naming the banned trio.

“They have to really think about what they did and not be here to make a show and say ‘I can’t start and that’s not good.’ I don’t want to say names but I think everybody knows who I’m talking about.”

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:
Just saw that Ye Olde Toyota United was riding as well. Could have been Frankie (?), but doesn't at all seem like his style.

That was my assumption, and based on what was happening to him back then it actually seems dead on.

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I liked the interview with Tyler, but I'm not so sure that making a rider look like a **** for criticising dopers in the media is that different to what Lance often did. Sure Tyler did it with more class, but it's still basically saying: keep your mouth shut.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
"There’s a lot more he could have said on Oprah but I think people appreciated him coming out and being open."

______________ I wonder who he thinks "appreciated" it.
______________ and the last line of the article--what a doozy!

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Athame said:
"There’s a lot more he could have said on Oprah but I think people appreciated him coming out and being open."

______________ I wonder who he thinks "appreciated" it.
______________ and the last line of the article--what a doozy!

People who know him like Tyler, Floyd, JV. Those close to the sport have a much more nuanced view of Lance and doping. We tend to forget that on the tabloid on steroids interweb forums.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
"Clasicomano Luigi" is Fabian Cancellara confirmed by Hamilton interview.

Anyway there were many rumours about that.

Has Thomas Dekker any credit against doping when he is covering a Fuentes client? And Fabian? Has he a dark side?

SUPER_MARIO_BROS_MARIO_A_LUIGI_by_F.jpg

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... One of the most flaming anti-doping fighters is ignominiously identified too. Anyways, all that stuff is hopeless. This vicious cycling world will never change. :cool:

TRENDING THREADS