• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN Tyler Hamilton interview

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
CivilRightsCycling said:
I thought the Hamilton interview was great. He really doesn't like the hypocrisy of those who try to single out riders. The truth is, they were all basically doing it.

The truth is, they were all basically doing it...

Except, of course, those who weren't.

Go away troll.

"Everyone was doing it" and "level playing field" are the pillars of every cheater's excuse. The nitwits among the general population who repeat this nonsense are either too stupid to realize this or have a vested interest in propagating this falsehood.

Plenty of riders were clean. Many actually didn't make it to the top levels BECAUSE they were clean.

Luigi Cancellara is a fraud.

Race Radio said:
The person referred to as Luigi in the story is Fabian

I've kinda got there myself eventually after reading the other thread.
(And there ain't no point in arguing with RR!)

But is it possible those riders got that wrong (either out of spite because of what he said, or just a simple mistake?)

Yes you can tell I'm a fan staring disappointment in the face!

coinneach said:
I've kinda got there myself eventually after reading the other thread.
(And there ain't no point in arguing with RR!)

But is it possible those riders got that wrong (either out of spite because of what he said, or just a simple mistake?)

Yes you can tell I'm a fan staring disappointment in the face!

Every single thing said here are exactly my thoughts!
There should be a weeping smiley....

Moose McKnuckles said:
I used to be a big fan of Jens and Voeckler as well. Jens needs to go away, and I have serious doubts about Voeckler and Europcar after that miraculously successful TdF.

:confused: Perhaps nothing should be surprising now. Although I still believe there are a number of clean guys.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
What makes you think that DS is Vaughters and not Johan Bruyneel? Bruyneel was the DS of Astana back at the '08 Tour de Georgia. Also his team wasn't invited to the Tour or the Giro because of Puerto. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astana_Team#2008). [The Giro invite was later given at the last minute.]

Maybe he was butthurt because he was having to deal with a lot of circumstances that he didn't cause (he had just taken over Astana as DS that year) and lashed out at Tyler.

That seems a lot more in character for JB than Vaughters.

[edit]

I just realized the article mentioned he was a teammate, so I guess that counts out Bruyneel unless Hamilton considers Bruyneel to be a teammate from his time at US Postal. That's an arguable viewpoint at least.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sky and say Cancellara of 2006-2007, Contador or Schleck make wonder whether a big progress is possible without doping. Answer: NO. But is slow progress possible without doping? No as well. Guys like Pelizzotti confirm. In my view, everyone including Sastre and Evans vastly doped. So I don't see it can affect on our preferences. Rooting for no one is the only way out.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
Sky and say Cancellara of 2006-2007, Contador or Schleck make wonder whether a big progress is possible without doping. Answer: NO. But is slow progress possible without doping? No as well. Guys like Pelizzotti confirm. In my view, everyone including Sastre and Evans vastly doped. So I don't see it can affect on our preferences. Rooting for no one is the only way out.

Miller? Ironic.

Don't be late Pedro said:
I found one of you... ;)

tinfoil%2Bhat.jpg

Looks like Jackhammer111 lost some weight.

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Microchip said:
:( :( :(

Oh I could cry! Nooooo.....

My favourites were:
Fabian
Voeckler
Jens

Two down....

Beyond the people they ride with, how are 2 of these 3 down? I've heard nothing yet to concretely discredit Voecker or Jens.

Haynzie

BANNED
Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
What a topsy-turvy game this is. The sort of nails-hard, swashbuckling, gritty riders we all choose as heroes are probably the very last people we should revere.

Time to start backing the boring riders. :D

Haynzie

BANNED
Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Mishrak said:
Thomas Voeckler? :D

I've just been taking my Voeckler posters off the back of the toilet door. He gave me courage during times of adversity, but now I just don't know if I can rely on him anymore :D

TRENDING THREADS