• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CNF Award: Best sprinter of 2013

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best sprinter of 2013

• Sagan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Cavendish won more grand tour stages than any other Sprinter and was slightly out of form in the tour. He just edges Kittel, who really was outstanding. Greipel did well as well, but I think over the next couple of years he'll fade.

Viviani as best of the rest. his timing is something to be worked on but is only going to get better.

Sagan is not a pure sprinter!

Close call. Kittel was very impressive, but Cav was probably more consistent over the year as a whole. I voted for Kittel, partly because it's good to have someone new around who can mount a realistic challenge to Cav on his own ground, but it was a close thing.

I voted Kittel, like the majority. But I think it was close between them. My suspicion is that Cavendish will boss the tour next year again, as something wasn't quite right with him for whatever reason in July. But given that they all want to be the main man in the Tour, and Kittel achieved this objective, he has to be best sprinter of 2013 in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS