• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CO rebreathing method to measure tHbmass

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
did lance's fear of co test the reason to fire catlin?

i am struggling to understand why a savvy chap like armstrong dropped catlin:confused: He mustof known his image will take a hit. lance is arrogant all right but not stupid methinks. i suspect there were two technical reasons:

i. aarmstrong feared co test because basso made his co test public.
ii. as the dekker’s case shows retro testing of his pI$$ and blood mustof been his worst nightmare.

damsgaard did not not do those tests and catlin must of insisted on them and got himself dismissed?

what do you guys think?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
python said:
i am struggling to understand why a savvy chap like armstrong dropped catlin:confused: He mustof known his image will take a hit. lance is arrogant all right but not stupid methinks. i suspect there were two technical reasons:

i. aarmstrong feared co test because basso made his co test public.
ii. as the dekker’s case shows retro testing of his pI$$ and blood mustof been his worst nightmare.

damsgaard did not not do those tests and catlin must of insisted on them and got himself dismissed?

what do you guys think?

Armstrong knows his groupies will let him get away with anything.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Armstrong knows his groupies will let him get away with anything.

so he did not care about the rest of the cycling community:confused:

i suspect he feared catlin like a plague because damsgaard did not check for total mass and did not store pi$$ and blood.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
python said:
so he did not care about the rest of the cycling community:confused:

i suspect he feared catlin like a plague because damsgaard did not check for total mass and did not store pi$$ and blood.

I agree that he had reason to fear Catlin and this is why the program never started.

Most of the Armstrong groupies care little about cycling.