• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cobo Talk Only

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

luckyboy said:
Really is awful that guys like Froome and Heras can lawyer up and get results overturned or just wear down the opposition, while Cobo is out there delivering milk and can't do anything to contest (same with some other guys in recent years).

Of course, maybe they're all doping and it's good to see them banned or have some action taken against them, but different rules for rich and poor is obviously really unfair.
Lmao! "Maybe they're all doping"? You honestly believe they're not?

Just like Wonderboy, they have deep pockets, unlimited resources and a battery of lawyers to fight or wear down whomever they want, to get whatever outcome they want.

Froome(just like Wonderboy) is one step ahead of them. He'll only get caught/busted AFTER he's finished racing.

Just like when Cancer Jesus rode, I wouldn't doubt or be at all surprised if the top 15 riders are all doping. Of course, it's my opinion.

So under the Danish broadcasting today, they talked about how it 'totally was expected' and all that jazz. Yeah, it was, but it was also convenient to leave out the fact that Froome was a way, way bigger surprise than Como who actually had done well in mountains and hard terrain before.... I mean, wtf.

Re: Re:

86TDFWinner said:
Robert5091 said:
Cobo? So the UCI takes 8 years to do it's job ... Geezus!

Lol! Amazing huh?

They have to know people think the sport is a complete embarrassment and joke now, right?

So much for them" cleaning it up". That was just for show.

I think this nails it. The governing bodies are trying to make repairs after the damage caused by the reversed/expunged AAF for Froome. Like: "See, everyone. We're on it! Kicking a$$es and taking names! [err, retired names, second-tier names, but names nonetheless!]"

Re:

HelloDolly said:
New tests on the horizon
https://www.sysmex.co.jp/en/corporate/news/2019/190603.html

Watch out Chris Horner and Alexander Valverde and a few others ...they can go back to past samples
I think we saw that coming.

I just don't like it when we replace one with another which is just as bad or worse.

When CERA tests came out, I think they were very careful not to over do it, otherwise they would kick so many riders out of the races. They have to think how to go about it otherwise they will make a joke of cycling again.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
So under the Danish broadcasting today, they talked about how it 'totally was expected' and all that jazz. Yeah, it was, but it was also convenient to leave out the fact that Froome was a way, way bigger surprise than Como who actually had done well in mountains and hard terrain before.... I mean, wtf.

BINGO!

In fact- Froome should have won that Vuelta by right had he not been told to tow Wiggins in the first place

Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
HelloDolly said:
New tests on the horizon
https://www.sysmex.co.jp/en/corporate/news/2019/190603.html

Watch out Chris Horner and Alexander Valverde and a few others ...they can go back to past samples
I think we saw that coming.

I just don't like it when we replace one with another which is just as bad or worse.

When CERA tests came out, I think they were very careful not to over do it, otherwise they would kick so many riders out of the races. They have to think how to go about it otherwise they will make a joke of cycling again.
I wouldn't be surprised if this new test kicks a very small number of riders. Maybe only one or two more, to be announced on the start week of the two remaining GTs of the season.

I don't mind Bennett not calling Cobo out back in the day, or at all, really. But I don't care for the narrative he's selling right now. With Cobo, it's pretty obvious it wasn't just a matter of whether or not he was doping, there were mental health issues involved.

I don't really get what Bennett is saying. Cobo's results in 2012 may have been bad for a Vuelta winner, but finishing 30th in the Tour and a decent start to the Vuelta is not too shabby for a fat mechanic.

TRENDING THREADS