• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cobo Talk Only

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
Forever The Best said:
I remember a similar case with Menchov as well, he was disqualified from some races but got to keep his important results if I remember right.
Menchov's results in the Tour got cancelled from 2009 to 2012 (including a 3rd/2nd in 2010), but he weirdly got to keep his Giro and Vuelta results from 2011
So he moves up to 4th following Cobo's suspension :)
Fourth place will be left vacant. UCI rules, 2.6.037:
If a rider is disqualified after the result of the race has been sanctioned, the general individual classification shall be adjusted, if applicable, for the first 3 places only. The 4th place remains vacant.
That's been the rule since 2013. Before that, the adjustment was down to 20th.

Glad we got the official confirmation that Cobo's performance at the 2011 Vuelta was completely unnatural and nothing to do with any other factor.

I cant understand negativity for this at all, science develops and tests that were once impossible become possible. Riders and teams having to think about beating science today is one thing, but beating science 10 years down the line? I'd be far less confident. Dare I speculate that this announcement might also explain the seemingly record breaking level of underperformance at the TdF?

It goes without saying that this further calls into question the performance of Froome at this event in matching a confirmed doper in full cheat mode.

Re:

Fergoose said:
Glad we got the official confirmation that Cobo's performance at the 2011 Vuelta was completely unnatural and nothing to do with any other factor.

I cant understand negativity for this at all, science develops and tests that were once impossible become possible. Riders and teams having to think about beating science today is one thing, but beating science 10 years down the line? I'd be far less confident. Dare I speculate that this announcement might also explain the seemingly record breaking level of underperformance at the TdF?

It goes without saying that this further calls into question the performance of Froome at this event in matching a confirmed doper in full cheat mode.

Man I don't know how the hell he beat Froome even in the full doping mode?

Blanco said:
Fergoose said:

hE lOsT tHe fAt

Blanco said:
Fergoose said:

This was proto-Froome, post-metamorphosis who was still "on the leash" working for Wiggins. He wasn't there riding for himself, at least not in the beginning.

burning said:
hrotha said:
Froome tried his darned best to drop Cobo and he wasn't able to.

Sure, but he burned himself on to Manzaneda and lost enough time to change the outcome in hindsight as Sky had no idea how strong he was. He would have won that Vuelta if he was the leader from stage 1.
Sky also did an awful team time trial - probably the worst in the history, and that includes crashing into a roundabout in the Hammer series.

Although Cobo's team were one of the only two teams they beat.

TRENDING THREADS