• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coffee Bean Recommendations

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
coffee beans

If the coffee beans are whitish or faded around the edges then this is likely a result of insufficient drying or storage in humid conditions. The cup will be bland and ordinary. These white marks are also observed in coffee that has not been dried evenly. The part of the bean that has a whitish tone has higher moisture than the other parts of the bean. Whitish or discolored beans can also result from oxidation, contact with the earth, or polluted waters.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
I have heard that before.

http://www.tomdanielson.com/pages/tdcoffee.htm

I also heard that "BlackCat" drinks this stuff all the time! He said the only drawback was that it gave him the "runs" 24/7!

after you drink it make sure PortaJohn is close or else.....................
bulldust OAR.

sorry to break it to you guys, but Melbourne is the number one in the world for coffee. sheets on prtland, ny, sanfran

this guy is the number 1 expert in the world, from norway, he is always doing a melbourne trip for seminars etc.

coffee can be good.

but its a bit of a ****.

like onanism in a mirror.

Jan 8, 2013
www.indrus.in
Hi Friends,

I think online coffee roasters have higher quality beans than Starbucks or any coffee you can buy in a grocery store. You can find more info about really good coffee at coffeereview.com along with links to online coffee retailers who sell quality beans from around the world. Many of these retailers roast their beans daily. I've been buying my beans online for the past year from Willoughby's Coffee and I love their coffee.

Thanks a lot again.
Fenald

newenglandRoad said:
Anyone have a good recommendation for a travel sized grinder now?
This Krups had served me well for years. Of course, I got it many years ago, if you buy it now I can't say the quality is the same. http://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-203-70-Electric-Grinder-Stainless/dp/B00004SPET

As to the OP - I know this is an old thread, but being I used to be a barista at what used to be Seattle's Best Coffee (Starbucks' biggest rival in Seattle way back when), I just have to pitch in.

I got to sample many coffees, my favorite was Seattle's Best "Henry's Blend". Just last year I was looking for Henry's Blend online because the SBC you get at the grocery store nowadays is crap, Henry's is no longer available, so I was looking for a replacement.

I searched online and ordered a sampler from what I guess was Seattle's Best original roasterie on Vashon Island, one of their blends ("Wolf") comes very close to Henry's. So I'm a happy camper.

http://tvicr.com/coffee/info/index.php

PS - I grind my own beans and drink it Turkish style, I like it hardcore. I'm going to have some right now, there's nothing like the smell of freshly made coffee first thing in the morning. :)