• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colombia 2.1 (Feb 12-17)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Dukerojo said:
PeterB said:
Dukerojo said:
The escape group most likely winning the stage. Óscar Sevilla (Medellín) most likely may be the new race leader at the end of the day
Why would that be likely? The latest tweet 7 minutes back says: Situación de carrera: 55’’ la fuga del pelotón #TourColombia2019. Restan 20 KM And I understand that only Simon Pellaud and Oscar Sevilla are up front.

When i posted they were up by 2 minutes, now they are going to have a sprint
You should follow the race through Antena 2. Apparently the images on ESPN were far from correct.

DNP-Old said:
Dukerojo said:
PeterB said:
Dukerojo said:
The escape group most likely winning the stage. Óscar Sevilla (Medellín) most likely may be the new race leader at the end of the day
Why would that be likely? The latest tweet 7 minutes back says: Situación de carrera: 55’’ la fuga del pelotón #TourColombia2019. Restan 20 KM And I understand that only Simon Pellaud and Oscar Sevilla are up front.

When i posted they were up by 2 minutes, now they are going to have a sprint
You should follow the race through Antena 2. Apparently the images on ESPN were far from correct.

It is a shame that ESPN is so bad. Senal Colombia was better last year

The ESPN coverage left much to be desired - An occasional overhead shot for around a minute and then only the last 300 metres - Interspersed with inane chattering by the commentators who were probably following the LACK of pictures and every 30 seconds having a commercial on the bottom of the screen - Finally, I saw a time gap twice in nearly 2 hours of coverage.

Re:

yaco said:
The ESPN coverage left much to be desired - An occasional overhead shot for around a minute and then only the last 300 metres - Interspersed with inane chattering by the commentators who were probably following the LACK of pictures and every 30 seconds having a commercial on the bottom of the screen - Finally, I saw a time gap twice in nearly 2 hours of coverage.
No idea why a single European pro would risk their season coming to South America.

Scarponi said:
yaco said:
No idea why a single European pro would risk their season coming to South America.
- Weather
- Altitude
- Racing miles in competition
- etc.

If your team has several Colombians like most of them then it is not a bad idea. Just bring a couple or three Europeans. Allaphilipe is doing a repeat in South America after an awesome season.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site

Tim Booth said:
Robert5091 said:
Anderis said:
Procyclingstats has updated the stage and they have now Martinez as the leader of the youth classification.

So why did the organizers give the white jersey to Hodeg yesterday? :confused:
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/colombia-21/2019/stage-2-youth
1 Hodeg Álvaro José Deceuninck - Quick Step 3:36:43
2 Martínez Daniel Felipe EF Education First Pro Cycling Team 0:02

You could actually check the context and when the comment was posted instead of posting random links.

I don't want to push this but someone f***ed up at the organizers or EF by not realizing Martinez is under 25 until after stage 1's TTT. Now it's solved, let's move on to the actual racing.

Today's stage 3 looks like a sprint again. Hope Gaviria is not still sick.