• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colombia es Pasión - Café de Colombia - official website

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Today the National Championships in Colombia starting with the ITT, to be held in the department of Antioquia, on 19 and 20 October in the municipality of Rio Negro.

Riders from the regions of: Antioquia, Bogotá, Boyacá, Caldas, Cundinamarca, Córdoba, Risaralda, Tolima, Nariño, Santander, Norte de Santander, Valle and teams like: EPM-UNE, Colombia es Pasión, GW Shimano, Boyacá Orgullo de América, Aguardiente Néctar, Súper Giros, Panachi-Inder Santander, Chaoyang, have been officially registered to race Tuesday's individual time trial and road race Wednesday.

CAMPEONATOS NACIONALES DE COLOMBIA

Website es Pasión update: http://colombiaespasioncafedecolombia.com/sitio/

es Pasión tweets: http://twitter.com/ciclipasioncafe

es Pasión FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Colombia-es-pasion-Cafe-de-Colombia/160829920845

p.s.: UCI accepts the delay and will review the additional documentation from Colombia es Pasión-Café de Colombia-4/72 needed to register as a UCI ProC-Team. [biciciclismo.com]

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Surprise champion of Colombia ITT top 3: #campeonato #ruta #Colombia Podio ITT

Élite - 30.6 km:
1. Carlos Ospina- (Orgullo Paisa) 36:29"
2. Rafael Infantino- (EPM-UNE) 36:30"
3. Victor H. Peña-(Col es Pasión) 36:48"
4. Iván Parra- (GW Shimano) 37:02
9. Fabio Duarte-(Col es Pasión) 37:38

Sub 23 - 30.6 km:
1-Félix Barón (Bogotá-Sel. Col) 37:02

Damas - 15.3 km:
1-Paola Madriñán (Valle) 20:48seg

Results: [http://nuestrociclismo.com/carlos-ospina-nuevo-campeon]

Original it was 36k ITT planned for Elite/U23, but at the 11th hour the 2lap circuit was cut by almost 3k - so sorry Indurain666 we could not have known that, and as a result here the protest from Colombia es Passion: [http://biciciclismo.com/es-Pasion-Critica-CRI-Nacional-Colombia]

May 13, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Surprise champion of Colombia ITT top 3: #campeonato #ruta #Colombia Podio ITT

Élite - 36Km:
1. Carlos Ospina- (Orgullo Paisa) 36:29"
2. Rafael Infantino- (EPM-UNE) 36:30"
3. Victor H. Peña-(Col es Pasión) 36:48"
4. Iván Parra- (GW Shimano) 37:02
9. Fabio Duarte-(Col es Pasión) 37:38
!Winner doing average speed almost 60 km an hour :eek:

Sub 23 - 36km:
1-Félix Barón (Bogotá-Sel. Col) 37:02

Damas - 18km:
1-Paola Madriñán (Valle) 20:48seg

nal-cri_home.jpg

3 ITT champions of Colombia 2010 fixed in one shot

carlosospinanacionalx600.jpg

Carlos Ospina grabs the ITT Senior Gold medal with 1 sec over all the favs

Wow, tailwind or slightly downhill or both?

Nevertheless, quite impressive performance

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Today the road race for the National title of Colombia starting at 9:00am local time in Rio-Negro depatement of Antioquia.

Wednesday October 20: Ruta Circuit of Rionegro-San Antonio de Pereira-L A Ceja-Don Diego- Llanogrande-Comfama Rionegro-La Ceja- Circuito

Elites and U23 Senior men 146 km

Ladies elite and U23 103 km

Élite riders: 6 per county max and Pro teams no máximo cap

Sub 23: 6 riders of every county

Local time in medellin: [http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city-Medellin]

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the average was 50.3 km/h :rolleyes:

still check felix baron, only 18 years old he will be the colombian version of cancellara

36:40 over 36 kmh is 59.7 kmh...what were the actual numbers?

A18 year old averaging 50.3 is definitely Cancellara material. Thats what he was riding when he was crushing the world juniors TT in 99

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
GATO CAMPEÓN GATO GATO GATO

Who is Bogotaner Félix 'Gato' Rafael Cárdenas Ravalo (Bogota, 24 november 1972) see for yourself, 15 years of cycling history has come to an end.

cardenas.JPG

PerDepFelixCardenas04.jpg

cardenas05vu2.jpg

5101031484_68b379caf5_b.jpg

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Campeon U23 #ciclismo #ruta #Colombia Podio cat. Sub23

1) Juan Pablo Valencia (Chaoyang) 146km in 3:21:20 - GOLD

2) Jonatan Millán (Chaoyang) a "2:53 - SILVER

3) Aristobulo Cala (Inder Santander) a "2:54 - BRONZE

All the U23 big guns and favs were simply not good enough, that is living in the real world of cycling !

podio-sub-23-hombres.jpg

5100435775_9e511feed5_b.jpg

Here U23 champ Valencia together with 'Gato' and 15 years between them WoW !!!

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you ever seen something like that a 1.2k to the finish line uphill .....

5101017724_13de721a80_b.jpg

5100430373_9ef953d835_b.jpg

#campeonato #ciclismo #ruta #Colombia Podio Prueba cat. élite

1) Félix 'Gato' Cárdenas (GW Shimano) 146kn in 3:17:07 - GOLD

2) Edson Calderón (Súper Giros) m.t. - SILVER

3) Stíber Ortiz (EPM-UNE) m.t. - BRONZE

21) Fabio Duarte (Col es Pasión-Café de Col-4/72) a 0:33 sec

In his last race winning a title he did not have
welcomeconfetti.gif

El “GATO" Félix Cárdenas 37y se coronó campeón del Colombia 2010

podio-elite-hombres-ruta.jpg

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Top 20 Colombian Nats. road race:

1. FELIX GATO CARDENAS GW SHIMANO 3:17,07 Cámpeon
2. EDISON CALDERON SUPERGIROS 3:17,07
3. STIVEN ORTIZ EPM UNE 3:17,07
4. LUIS FELIPE LAVERDE COLOMBIA ES PASION 3:17,07
5. RODOLFO TORRES BOYACA ORGULLO DE AMERIC 3:17,10
^
6. WEIMAR ROLDAN ANTIOQUIA 3:17,40
7. JAIME CASTAÑERDA EPM UNE 3:17,40
8. JUAN PABLO FORERO COLOMBIA ES PASION 3:17,40
9. JAIRO SALAS ANTIOQUIA 3:17,40
10.WILSON MARENTES AGUARDIENTE NECTAR 3:17,40
11.OSCAR PACHON EPM UNE 3:17,40
12.CARLOS OSPINA ANTIOQUIA 3:17,40
13.JULIAN ATEHORTUA ORGULLO PAISA 3:17,40
14.ALEXANDER ROJAS FORMESAN PANACHI INDER SANTANDER 3:17,40
15.FREDY GONZALEZ AGUARDIENTE NECTAR 3:17,40
16.ALEXANDER GONZALEZ FORMESAN PANACHI INDER SANTANDER 3:17,40
17.OSCAR MAURICIO ALVAREZ COLOMBIA ES PASION 3:17,40
18.DIDIER SASTOQUE BOGOTA 3:17,40
19.WILLIAM HERNAN MUÑOZ COLOMBIA ES PASION 3:17,40
20.MIGUEL RUBIANO BOGOTA 3:17,40
21.FABIO DUARTE COLOMBIA ES PASION 3:17,40

35.MAURICIO ORTEGA ELITE EPM UNE 3:17,47
44.IVAN PARRA ELITE GW SHIMANO 3:17,59
45.FREDY MONTAÑA ELITE BOYACA ORGULLO DE AMERIC 3:17,59

Complete all categories: [http://nuestrociclismo.com/resultados/nal-ruta.php]

YouTube Gato the fresh man: [http://youtube.com/watch-Félix-The-Cat-Cárdenas.php]

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
mountainbiker Hector Leonardo Páez Leon (Bianchi-Gewiss) (28) to ride for Professional Continental Colombia es Pasion-Café de Colombia-4/72/ ? in 2011.

Winner of the UCI marathon series in 2006 and 2008 to turn pro road cyclist next year.

725706-f4bf3b770f4b3f95388b7bf2e7fe4c24.jpg

Source: (http://www.Ciclismohoy.com)

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
06.12.10/7:28 pm

¡EXTRA! Colombia es Pasión – Café de Colombia- 4/72 deposita aval bancario ante UCI para licencia.

'Blood, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge' .... Christian Preudhomme general director of the Tour de France since 2005 and former journalist his dream of a Colombian team in the Tour is to become true and the wild-card will be well served. :cool:

Thanks to the great management of the Foreign Trade Minister Sergio Díaz Granados and his team consisting of Maria Claudia Lacoutire (President of Proexport) and Sonia Abisambra (President of Fiducoldex), the cycling team Colombia is Passion "Café de Colombia-472 recorded on the afternoon of Monday, the bank guarantee for Five Million dollars (500,000 euros) to ensure the functioning of red-white team in the World Tour, Professional Continental category for the 2011 season.

The endorsement was a unique and indispensable guarantee that the highest authority of world cycling (UCI) would agree to grant the license to the computer, allowing it to be invited to the big races in the world, next to the top flight teams ( Pro-Tour). Other aspects of the license, and were accepted by the UCI licensing commission since last November 17 when the team manager Luis Rios was in the offices of the entity in Aigle (Switzerland).

The Coach of the Colombian squad, Ignacio Velez said, "Now we have to wait to December 10 when that know the final list of Professional Continental team and we are confident that we will get it this was the only requirement that we needed. We were given a deadline of November 7 to present this guarantee and we have recorded 24 hours before thanks to the tremendous work and interest of the minister of Foreign Trade and his team "

[http://revistamundociclistico.com]

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
a question for experts of the colombian scene: how strong is colombia es pasion roster?
quintana and atapuma are the two best young guns of the team?
cardenas confirmed his adios?
paes , a strong biker, can do well in the road scene or his best years are gone?
is he stronger than kessiakoff, as i think?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
profff said:
a question for experts of the colombian scene: how strong is colombia es pasion roster?
quintana and atapuma are the two best young guns of the team?
cardenas confirmed his adios?
paes , a strong biker, can do well in the road scene or his best years are gone?
is he stronger than kessiakoff, as i think?

cardenas rides with gw shimano, cafe colombia have a team of incredible climbers like alex cano, atapuma, quintana (but only 20), pantano, laverde are strong allrounders, but they are not the best team in colombia. I'd say there are at least 3 teams better in colombia. epm-une, orgullo paisa and boyaca orgullo america.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
thanks , ryo.
what do you think of paes?
will be reinforced the team if they become proconti?

i knew that el gato cardenas is with another team, but he announced his retirement-
i read somewhere cardenas listed as one of the favourites for vuelta al tachira, so i wanted to have some more information

thanks again

profff said:
thanks , ryo.

i knew that el gato cardenas is with another team, but he announced his retirement-
i read somewhere cardenas listed as one of the favourites for vuelta al tachira, so i wanted to have some more information

thanks again

I reckon there is little doubt that Leonardo Páez will be a positive reinforcement for Colombia es Pasión. Leonardo has undoubtedly good qualities as a climber and I think his skill set comes close to those of fellow former mountain-biker colleague F. Kessiakoff; when it comes to racing on the road.

It’s however a long time ago since he climbed in the Top-10 on Alto de La Linea in Vuelta de la Juventud and showed his worth on the Italian U-23 scene; but one must not forget that he finished 2nd on Monte Bondone (Behind Drasutis Stundzia) and finished 4th on the mountain-TT up Gardone, so he do posses great abilities.

I think he has some good years in him still, but I wouldt expect an explosive breakthrough. But certainly a classy cyclist!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
profff said:
thanks , ryo.

thanks again

he isn't retired, he's going to ride tour san luis and vuelta chile with gw shimano, also buenahora joins that team.

as for paez, hard to say, his mtb has become less, he used to be pretty big roadtalent. if you'd ask me 4 years ago I'd say major assett, but now it remains to be seen with colombian circuit having exploded in talent and level

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
¡EXTRA! Colombia es Pasión – Café de Colombia- 4/72 deposita aval bancario ante UCI para licencia.

'Blood, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge' .... Christian Preudhomme general director of the Tour de France since 2005 and former journalist his dream of a Colombian team in the Tour is to become true and the wild-card will be well served. :cool:

[http://revistamundociclistico.com]

UCI press release

UCI Professional Continental Teams for 2011

Colombia es Pasion - 4/72 - Cafe de Colombia COL

Corazon_Colombia.jpg
'¡Olé!'

;) Christian Preudhomme general director of the Tour de France, your wish is our command !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts