• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colombians in the Amgen Tour of California?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
I...

And as far as the Colombians who havent proved themselves in europe go, im hyping Henao.

To Ryos prediction of Colombian domination i say that the best season for Colombia this year would be
Rujano wins Giro, Uran comes 5th
Soler 4th in Tour
Duarte 4th in Vuelta.

I know Rujano is Venezuelan but it would show that a VUelta a Colombia winner can cut it in europe.
:eek:. I like you Hitch. I love your predictions. Do you have Colombian family? We need you on our side.

Uran has some recuperation issues on grand tours, especially after one week of racing, but who doesn't.;)
He is very good climber that has a lot left in him. He is a true natural and we will see a lot from him in the future.:)

Escarabajo said:
Uran has some recuperation issues on grand tours, especially after one week of racing, but who doesn't.;)
He is very good climber that has a lot left in him. He is a true natural and we will see a lot from him in the future.:)
Unless, of course, he completely loses his ability to climb upon joining Team Sky, such as many did.

Escarabajo said:
:eek:. I like you Hitch. I love your predictions. Do you have Colombian family? We need you on our side.

Nah no ties to Colombia. But i like cycling in Colombia because i am a pro cycling fan in so far as i support its development and Colombia the major Road Cycling base outside europe. I really hope Vuelta a Colombia becomes the 4th gt.

Also i read the biography "Killing Pablo" when i was 11. I dont think i even knew where Colombia was then. But while Pablo isnt exactly a character Colombians are known to be very proud of his power means that his biography covers the history of Colombia, starting with La Violencia in the 40's.

Also since the rise of Uribe Colombia is one of the countries whose politics i follow closely.

So it is one of the countries which i think i know a lot about. Certainatly more than about any other country in the southern hemisphere. As a result Colombians i meet like me :)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
there are just two colombians in the start list and they do not figue among the best in their country.
the two from venezuela are better but do not expect too much from this team

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the colombians in movistar suck relatively, the venezuelans are strtong but this is their first race back, the venezuelan season starts this month and had ended in january

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Nah no ties to Colombia. But i like cycling in Colombia because i am a pro cycling fan in so far as i support its development and Colombia the major Road Cycling base outside europe. I really hope Vuelta a Colombia becomes the 4th gt.

Also i read the biography "Killing Pablo" when i was 11. I dont think i even knew where Colombia was then. But while Pablo isnt exactly a character Colombians are known to be very proud of his power means that his biography covers the history of Colombia, starting with La Violencia in the 40's.

Also since the rise of Uribe Colombia is one of the countries whose politics i follow closely.

So it is one of the countries which i think i know a lot about. Certainatly more than about any other country in the southern hemisphere. As a result Colombians i meet like me :)

Escobar? :p

Gotta be the only Columbian I know :D

(that isn't a cyclist)

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Any of you read 'Kings of the Mountains' by Matt Rendell? If not, you should... its a history of Colombian cycling, but also has a lot of context on La Violencia, the guerrillas, the drug wars etc.

TRENDING THREADS