• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colorado Classic, August 10 - August 13

s1t2DS4.png

Formerly known as USA Pro Challenge or informally Tour of Colorado :)
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_of_Colorado_2017_Preview
http://www.coloradoclassic.com/

LXsq5PA.png

Stage 1: Colorado Springs circuit, 150.4km
Stage 2: Breckenridge circuit, 103km
Stage 3: Denver, 130km
Stage 4: Denver circuit, 120.1km

Live coverage Europe:
In Europe Eurosport will be covering the race.

Live coverage USA:
The four-day race (Aug. 10-13) will be televised on NBCSN and live streamed on NBC Sports Gold — NBC Sports Digital’s live streaming direct-to-consumer subscription app.

Usually American races are also available via their Tour Tracker, but no mention of it for this race.

Some previous winners:
eQKFmDo.png

Also the top contenders:
M3LwcLC.png

Full startlist: http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_of_Colorado_2017_Startlist

Colorado Classic hoping to break the mold for US events
Big-name music acts combined with short, punchy courses are designed to build excitement around races

There was a gaping hole in the US calendar last year after the demise of the USA Pro Challenge, but UCI racing heads back to the mountains of Colorado for a grand experiment that race organisers hope can be a new model for the sport in this country.

More in this article:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-of-colorado-2017/preview/

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Stage 2 is harder that you'd think, the steep part of the climb is 1.2km at 9.1%, climb that 10 times at that altitude and you have a pretty good circuit.
They even mention Pikes Peak in the official description of stage 1, it's a shame that we never get to see that climb in a big race, even a japanese hill climb with mass start for the pros would be ok.

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Jspear said:
I don't think they have the live video tracker like they do for California. All I'm seeing is an app that gives live updates, results, etc. I checked steephill and their website.

I sent an email to Tour Tracker to thank them for such an amazing product, and mentioned that I wished that Tour Tracker was available for CC. Allan Padgett - founder of Tour Tracker - replied that he wanted to have TT cover it.

I emailed CC to request it being used in the future, and they (Colorado Classic) replied that "We wanted to, but there were just too many things to get done in this inaugural year." So, it seems that moving forward it probably will be used. Still, it might be good for anyone interested to drop a note to CC and request Tour Tracker for future races.

Re: Re:

arvin said:
Jspear said:
I don't think they have the live video tracker like they do for California. All I'm seeing is an app that gives live updates, results, etc. I checked steephill and their website.

I sent an email to Tour Tracker to thank them for such an amazing product, and mentioned that I wished that Tour Tracker was available for CC. Allan Padgett - founder of Tour Tracker - replied that he wanted to have TT cover it.

I emailed CC to request it being used in the future, and they (Colorado Classic) replied that "We wanted to, but there were just too many things to get done in this inaugural year." So, it seems that moving forward it probably will be used. Still, it might be good for anyone interested to drop a note to CC and request Tour Tracker for future races.

Thanks for the info, Tour tracker really is something good that American races have over the European races so I'm sad they didn't decide to use it.

They also should have better prepared for the bad weather because there were constant picture issues. Or better yet no images at all for the latter part of the race. And it's not like this is the first time, I remember similar issues from previous years as well, so they don't seem to learn anything.

TT is the best thing in the internet. Well maybe not the best, after ****. Ha-ha-ha...
It's a pity we don't get that here.

Watched the first stage and not much to watch. I guess because of the rain. Let's wait for stage 2. I assume the format fits the fans on the cities and roads. Should be fun.

TRENDING THREADS