• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colorado Classic, August 10 - August 13

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, stage 2 profile:
9L610RV.png

It's live now, 40km to go.
Again, found this on Google, not sure if it works:
http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/tour-of-colorado-live-streaming

Rider Name (Country) Team Result
1 Alex Howes (USA) Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling 2:51:16
2 Taylor Eisenhart (USA) Holowesko-Citadel p/b Hincapie Sportswear
3 Peter Stetina (USA) Trek-Segafredo 0:00:04
4 Manuel Senni (Ita) BMC Racing Team 0:00:21
5 Serghei Tvetcov (Rou) Jelly Belly-Maxxis 0:00:40
6 Brent Bookwalter (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:01:34
7 Miguel Ángel Benito (Esp) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA 0:01:35
8 Rigoberto Uran (Col) Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling 0:01:37
9 Vegard Stake Laengen (Nor) UAE Team Emirates
10 Hugh Carthy (GBr) Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling 0:01:41

GC is open, with Cannondale in advantage and Uran still on the fight

For Cannondale is easy, to put Uran on the front and Howes behind the chasers...the problem is just if someone follows Uran in that big climb. I think Uran took quite easy after le Tour and here there are local people very motivated. But if they play that way, nobody should follow Uran in that climb, so if he is chased later Howes could attack if it is necessary.

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

Lequack said:
arvin said:
Jspear said:
I don't think they have the live video tracker like they do for California. All I'm seeing is an app that gives live updates, results, etc. I checked steephill and their website.

I sent an email to Tour Tracker to thank them for such an amazing product, and mentioned that I wished that Tour Tracker was available for CC. Allan Padgett - founder of Tour Tracker - replied that he wanted to have TT cover it.

I emailed CC to request it being used in the future, and they (Colorado Classic) replied that "We wanted to, but there were just too many things to get done in this inaugural year." So, it seems that moving forward it probably will be used. Still, it might be good for anyone interested to drop a note to CC and request Tour Tracker for future races.

Thanks for the info, Tour tracker really is something good that American races have over the European races so I'm sad they didn't decide to use it.

They also should have better prepared for the bad weather because there were constant picture issues. Or better yet no images at all for the latter part of the race. And it's not like this is the first time, I remember similar issues from previous years as well, so they don't seem to learn anything.

you're welcome.

I agree, Tour Tracker is just awesome. It really adds another dimension to following a race. I do hope they change up the commentary though - Andreu is, IMO, sub par at best. Also, the first time I reached out to TT (I had a glitch occurring during ToU a couple years ago) it was Allan Padgett that replied that time - great to see that not only did he develop it, but it truly is a passion for him.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
For Cannondale is easy, to put Uran on the front and Howes behind the chasers...the problem is just if someone follows Uran in that big climb. I think Uran took quite easy after le Tour and here there are local people very motivated. But if they play that way, nobody should follow Uran in that climb, so if he is chased later Howes could attack if it is necessary.
Cannondale has another option in Carthy who is only 4 secs behind Uran in GC.

But I think Howes should be able to survive this climb and sprint for bonus seconds, maybe even a stage win. Not sure if there are riders here who could make this too hard for him. Maybe if the climb was closer to the finish.

But this is a sport and you never know.

Looks like Tvetcov wins ahead of Senni, with a group of about 30 riders at 40-50 seconds-ish

Senni into the GC lead I think.

Edit: Oops more like 15 riders at 55 seconds or so :D My eyes deceived me

TRENDING THREADS