• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Commentatorballs

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
TMP402 said:
Carlton: "Michael Matthews looks like he's praying, maybe a mantis".

If my dad made dad jokes like Carlton Kirby I would run off from home.

Well it's about time he did. Thirty-year-olds need to get out of their parent's home.
(Insert smilie emoticon here.)
While I'm here, can we give a quick round of applause to tpm90210?
He listens to Carlton Kirby so we don't have to.
Thanks, tpm. It really means a lot.
Or, as Sean Kelly would say, "Yeah, erm, uh, tpm has a lot to give. And er, uh, 90210 he really tells it like it is."

Re: Re:

the delgados said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
TMP402 said:
Carlton: "Michael Matthews looks like he's praying, maybe a mantis".

If my dad made dad jokes like Carlton Kirby I would run off from home.

Well it's about time he did. Thirty-year-olds need to get out of their parent's home.
(Insert smilie emoticon here.)
While I'm here, can we give a quick round of applause to tpm90210?
He listens to Carlton Kirby so we don't have to.
Thanks, tpm. It really means a lot.
Or, as Sean Kelly would say, "Yeah, erm, uh, tpm has a lot to give. And er, uh, 90210 he really tells it like it is."
Waw, what a comeback!
Beautiful, my good sir.

Sincerely a 30-year old who still lives at his parents...

So the Austrian TV station ORF is broadcasting the WC which is always very funny because there is not one person in the ORF who has any clue about cycling. Therefore they always send their most stupid commentator, Peter Brunner, whom they don't need anywhere else, to the WC. So don't be surprised if I'll post a lot on this thread in the coming days. :D

Gigs_98 said:
So the Austrian TV station ORF is broadcasting the WC which is always very funny because there is not one person in the ORF who has any clue about cycling. Therefore they always send their most stupid commentator, Peter Brunner, whom they don't need anywhere else, to the WC. So don't be surprised if I'll post a lot on this thread in the coming days. :D
Update your resume
Include CN forum post count
Open sollicitation for cycling commentator job
??
Profit?

Gigs_98 said:
So besides saying stupid things like "the streets are so narrow they could as well ride through houses" what annoys me most so far is that he doesn't understand how the graphic for the split times work. For example there were cases in which he thought the graphic shows that a rider is 8 minutes in front of the rider who had the best time so far and explained to the viewers that he excuses for the not working graphic since the rider has neither already reached the split time nor does he have an 8 minute advantage. Ofc what the graphic actually meant was that the rider still had 8 minutes to reach the split time if he wants to set the best time and the time was ticking down. :eek:

Re:

Red Rick said:
"The riders are riding up this climb amidst of thousands of drunk Norwegians"
"There are a lot of kids here"
"Doesn't matter, they start early with that here in Norway"

Ducrot

The Danish commentators were surprised how well-behaved the spectators were and suggested that the high prices of alcohol in Norway might be the reason for that...

Carlton and Brian Smith could see Rohan Dennis had a prominent cut on his shin for the probably 10 seconds he was onscreen. They said nothing. Then minutes later, in trying to work out how he had lost time between intermediate checks, Carlton said "we didn't see any marks on him or anything".