• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
I think so too. One of the biggest risks is that if something happens to Porte (crash/illness) then Froome can become extremely isolated. If you have two elite mountain helpers (Porte + Uran/Henao) then that reduces the risk a lot.

Anyway, good news for the Colombians that they can focus on Vuelta/Worlds.

If Sky had feared that so much they would've included Uran/Henao. I bet Thomas will be very strong, on the level of last year's Porte. Plus Kiri, a little Terminator who can drop any but Froome on a good day.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
If Sky had feared that so much they would've included Uran/Henao. I bet Thomas will be very strong, on the level of last year's Porte. Plus Kiri, a little Terminator who can drop any but Froome on a good day.

Agreed.

People will be surprised with both the performances of Kennaugh and Thomas but they are both immensely talented riders who have been touted for quite some time and would have been working on their climbing for quite a while now, especially Kennaugh.

and Clarke. Problem is there aren't really any medium mountain stages which are too hard for Sagan but easy enough so that the breakaway ends in some form of small group sprint. Only real chance would be Gap. For the same reasons I doubt we will see a non-Europcar French rider winning from a break.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cimber said:
- Michael Rogers, Australia
- Roman Kreuziger, Czech Republic
- Nicolas Roche, Ireland
- Matteo Tosatto, Italy
- Daniele Bennati, Italy
- Sergio Paulinho, Portugal
- Alberto Contador, Spain
- Jesus Hernandez, Spain
- Benjamin Noval, Spain

Riis said:
I think we have found a great mix of in form riders. We have a group of strong climbers in the team, we have riders designated to take care of Alberto on the flat roads and in the wind, and I'm sure we will perform well in the TTT as well. At the same time this team will allow us to ride aggressively or take a more controlling approach in all terrains depending on our needs. At the end of the day this versatility will be a key components in trying to win the race.

This year, the race to be part of our Tour de France lineup has been tougher than in many years with more than the nine riders selected deserving a spot, and in our reserves group consisting of Nicki S&#248]

roundabout said:
shack

Jan Bakelants, Laurent Didier, Tony Gallopin, Markel Irizar, Andreas Klöden, Maxime Monfort, Andy Schleck, Jens Voigt & Haimar Zubeldia.

http://www.radioshackleopardtrek.co...d-radioshack-leopard-trek-2013-tour-de-france

Seriously surprised by Bakelants. Thought Rast would have got this spot especially after his performance in the Tour De Suisse. Pretty strong team on paper. Not expecting much performance though from them. None of the guys have done anything much in any of the stage races this year.

(*Secret Prayer - Hope Andy does well*) LOL!

Netserk said:
- Nicolas Roche, Ireland
- Matteo Tosatto, Italy
- Daniele Bennati, Italy
- Jesus Hernandez, Spain
- Benjamin Noval, Spain

1. No Danish riders means less attention from Danish media means less annoying questions about doping. Riis is clever like that.
2. Good for Chris Anker Sorensen. It would suck to see him be a helper after last year. Now he can get into real shape for Vuelta, World Championships in Firenze, Emilia and Lombardia.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
"But we have committed ourselves to go with the group, we believe has the best composition to achieve our overall goal," Bjarne Riis says.

Bullshi t. If that was true Noval would never have even made the short list.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Cimber said:
"But we have committed ourselves to go with the group, we believe has the best composition to achieve our overall goal," Bjarne Riis says.

Who else is going to wipe Berto's *** after he took a **** or going to sing him a night night-song?

The Saxo-lineup is a joke. Unfortunately it isn't surprising they are there, but Noval and Tosatto definitely shouldn't be there. Nicki and Chris Anker Sørensen is much better choices. Mørkøv is also much better than Noval, I think, and he's in some good form as well - he says he is stronger than last year and that he has trained a lot on his time trial-bike because of the ttt and to have the strength needed on the flats and hills.

As a Dane I'm very annoyed that there's no Dane - especially when Noval and Tosatto are the replacements. Bah...

Cimber said:

Noval delivers in one race every year. He will do that this year as well, no doubt.

separately....

While I'm not a fan of Bennati's skills in the sprinter department, the fact is this tour edition includes something like 12 sprinter stages. Why not include a guy that can play a bit in these while being pretty strong in a TTT?

Dazed and Confused said:
Noval delivers in one race every year. He will do that this year as well, no doubt.

separately....

While I'm not a fan of Bennati's skills in the sprinter department, the fact is this tour edition includes something like 12 sprinter stages. Why not include a guy that can play a bit in these while being pretty strong in a TTT?

Noval has not delivered in a single race since he arived at Saxo. He has not been able to sit with Contador at the front and only once has he not been the first to get dropped on a TTT.

Saxo starting with 8 men once again.

Netserk said:
- Nicolas Roche, Ireland
- Matteo Tosatto, Italy
- Daniele Bennati, Italy
- Jesus Hernandez, Spain
- Benjamin Noval, Spain
I thought Noval was retired. He is so fat. It is embarrassing really.

images