• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Carstenbf said:
Stop beating on CAS! :)

Thought his Tour last year was epic, and I'm fairly sure he'd have won a stage if it hadn't been for the infamous finger incident. Nationalist bias maybe, dunno. Off topic anyways, but just had to ..

And yes, Noval's Vuelta was very good I gotta admit.

Well I meant he never did very well in the tour as dom, last year he rode his own gc, and he is obviously more motivated when he does that. His amazing 2 second lead on Telegraph in 2011 before he dropped off was terrible to watch, and it was all you saw of him that tour.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Simples, to keep Alberto safe on the flat stages

3 is too much for this job. All the more so only Tosatto got used to doing this kind of work. Noval is just a massive keg. I strongly doubt he is ok even for flat protection nowadays. Benna - no comments...

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
3 is too much for this job. All the more so only Tosatto got used to doing this kind of work. Noval is just a massive keg. I strongly doubt he is ok even for flat protection nowadays. Benna - no comments...

Stop projecting your Andy doubts onto other riders and teams.

airstream said:

Road captain (Tosatto), flats (Tosatto, Noval, Bennati), engines for the TTT (Tosatto, Bennati and to a much lesser extent Noval), possible sprints (Bennati) get water bottles (all 3), keep Contador well positioned in the peloton (Tosatto and Noval). And as much as we mock Noval (I know I do), he does his job at the grand tour (see Vuelta 2012). Plus if one of them gets injured and has to abandon, there will still be 2 of them to perform those roles.

airstream said:
cфuld anyone explain the fact of presence of 3 riders of similar speciality (noval, tosatto, bennati)? hell for what??

BMC usually take 5 or 6 big engines along with their leader. Seems to work for them and I would say that's way better than taking 5 second tier climbers with your captain.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
There was a picture on Michele Bartoli's twitter of 3 Lampre guys after a long training before TdF but I just remember Ulissi, and then he mentioned Scarponi as well.
Cimolai supposed to go too.

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Cofidis announced 8 riders , last rider will be chosen after the French championships.

Yoann Bagot (FRA), Jérôme Coppel (FRA), Egoitz Garcia (ESP), Christophe Le Mével (FRA), Luis Angel Maté (ESP), Rudy Molard (FRA), Dani Navarro (ESP), Rein Taaramae (EST)