• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
In three times going for GC in the Tour, VDB crashed out once and got 4th twice. I don't see how failure is inevitable.

I see him between 3 and 7 again unless he crashes out of course.

JRanton said:
Thanks. That would make 7 for Movistar (including Costa, Valverde and Quintana) but I'd have thought Guiterrez, Rojas and Moreno would all be likely selections too (which would be 10)? Has Szmyd shown enough form to be included?

Well i don't think Moreno will be in the Tour (not on the road since Vuelta a Castilla y León wich was in middle of April) and Szmyd did quite well in the Dauphiné. Movistar should announce their team by the end of the week.

MatParker117 said:
Unless I'm mistaken Blanco will be Belkin at the Tour.

Yes they will. Contract starts as of 29/JUNE

actvjV1A.png

Waterloo Sunrise said:
This thread becomes pretty worthless when names are added because we assume they will be selected, without any official confirmation.

I get your point however that's why JRanton puts the riders in bold as and when they are confirmed. It's better to have a look at the teams taking shape on one thread rather than having to search around.

BigMac said:
Andrey Amador, Sylwester Szmyd, Castroviejo, Enrique Sanz are likely to be in the Tour with Movistar, almost 100%.

Seems odd that Eusebio would make such a purely nepostistic choise for a race like the TDF, but I guess he can do some leadout for Rojas, though that is surtenly not going to well at the moment in Tour De Suisse. I would think Rojas would have to be on his own this time with all the GC focus, and if he should get a helper Ventoso would normaly be obvious.

Also I think a spot will go to Erviti who seems to be very well respected in the team as a strong loyal allroundhelper, so I doubt they have room for young Enrique.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Team Sky have announced their line-up for the route de sud, which includes Siutsou and Knees. Reckon that is because they wont be in the TdF or because they want to get their race legs back? If it's the former, then I'd expect Eisel and Stannard to be all but guaranteed spots.

CycloAndy said:
Team Sky have announced their line-up for the route de sud, which includes Siutsou and Knees. Reckon that is because they wont be in the TdF or because they want to get their race legs back? If it's the former, then I'd expect Eisel and Stannard to be all but guaranteed spots.

I'd imagine it's a combination of getting their race legs back and also allowing Sky to judge how good their form is, with the mountain stage presumably the key test.

MADRAZO said:
Seems odd that Eusebio would make such a purely nepostistic choise for a race like the TDF, but I guess he can do some leadout for Rojas, though that is surtenly not going to well at the moment in Tour De Suisse. I would think Rojas would have to be on his own this time with all the GC focus, and if he should get a helper Ventoso would normaly be obvious.

Also I think a spot will go to Erviti who seems to be very well respected in the team as a strong loyal allroundhelper, so I doubt they have room for young Enrique.

I prefer Ventoso, i'm sure he could get a stage in a GT more than Rojas, who would need to be in a breakaway.

What about Dowsett for the TTT?

TRENDING THREADS