• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
gustienordic said:
Movistar has three leaders :( Quintana, Valverde, & Costa should all get there shot... they should have each given them a lead at a GT :(

They have 1 leader and 1 sub :p. Costa to try and defend Valverde when all of the team faded in the mountains, so is Quintana. Quintana is future GC boy in Movistar, but nowhere Costa is racing a GT to win, at least in a near future.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
BigMac said:
They have 1 leader and 1 sub :p. Costa to try and defend Valverde when all of the team faded in the mountains, so is Quintana. Quintana is future GC boy in Movistar, but nowhere Costa is racing a GT to win, at least in a near future.

I agree that Costa isn't on the same level as Quintana or Valverde, but I'm very curious what he could do with some freedom. See Inxausti in the Giro this year... he stepped up quite nicely, I want to see Costa do the same.

martinvickers said:
If wiggins had been included, sky would have been in danger of vertical acceleration. Even without him, froome, porte, thomas, ebh, Kiri and Kennaugh represent a frightening core of accomplished tters and pursuiters. Hard to look past sky for ttt, martin or not.

Martin will make the difference for OPQS. If Wiggins had been in Sky's team then it would be a tough one to call.

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Probably has Spilak reliased that he makes better result by focusing on one week stageraces. Thats true for alot of others too. Or he might just been ill or injured...

However a very strong team, Trofimov could be important, if in shape.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
BMC

Brent Bookwalter (USA), Marcus Burghardt (GER), Cadel Evans (AUS), Philippe Gilbert (BEL), Amaël Moinard (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Manuel Quinziato (ITA), Michael Schär (SUI), Tejay van Garderen (USA).

http://www.bmcracingteam.com/index....]=1708&cHash=cf94a237f31d4edbb82e21cea4ab30c4

Where the hell is Frank! :mad: He deserves to be there. Unless he chose not to?

Also, I think I would actually have preferred to see Hushovd instead of Gilbert. Just a feeling he could have done better than Phil will. But we'll see.

TRENDING THREADS