• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confused?

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
The article states that the UCI has designated 5 start spots +1 because of the continental champion for the women but in their rules...

9.2.015 Women Elite
The 5 first nations in the classification by nation on 15 August of the year of the World
Championships will qualify 14 riders of whom 7 to start.
The 10 next nations will qualify 12 riders of whom 6 to start.
The 5 other nations will qualify 10 riders of whom 5 to start.
The other nations and the non ranked nations will have the possibility to qualify 6 riders of
whom 3 to start.
(text modified on 1.01.10).

Why the difference????

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh, the UCI just decided to change the entire rule system at the last minute. Why? Because they can, and because they're idiots.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
is there a system for the time trial or is that a case of anyone who wants to enter gets to enter?

I think it's just one for all, but maybe the UCI sneakily installed a system where you can send two riders if the second rider is particularly good at baking cakes.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Each Federation can enter 2 riders in the TT.
The UCI writes the rules because they must. It is part of their role. Most rule changes are done by a commission and ratified in the UCI congresses at world championships. They are not written by UCI Staff members but by the volunteers and officials that give their time to the sport. Most of them have other jobs and might get expenses for travel and honorariums that are not like their earnings at work.
As Usual there is almost no one posting about the UCI that has a clue at the structure and responsibilities of the UCI. I read so many posts that claim they know but just don't know. I don't read much that Pat says that is not factually accurate.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Master50 said:
As Usual there is almost no one posting about the UCI that has a clue at the structure and responsibilities of the UCI. I read so many posts that claim they know but just don't know. I don't read much that Pat says that is not factually accurate.

You are literally the first person I've ever heard defend the UCI and Pat McQuaid. No kidding.