• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ContadorÂ’s legal team hit back at WADA report

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Altitude said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-legal-team-hit-back-at-wada-report

This sounds strikingly similar to that "chewbacca defense" everyone is always talking about around here.

One thing I noticed is that Contadors legal people refer to the UCI report (which I wouldn't wipe my arse with) but am I correct in saying that the WADA report is completely different and would not be mentioned within the UCI report?

EDIT - I just read the other WADA article and I see that it is indeed contained in the UCI report.

Altitude said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-legal-team-hit-back-at-wada-report

This sounds strikingly similar to that "chewbacca defense" everyone is always talking about around here.
If Contador's lawyers are lying, it's a pretty reckless move, as I assume WADA can easily prove they did those tests. But for now they're only slamming the media for reporting what according to them would be a false story. We'd have to wait for WADA to say the story as reported is true.

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
One thing I noticed is that Contadors legal people refer to the UCI report (which I wouldn't wipe my arse with) but am I correct in saying that the WADA report is completely different and would not be mentioned within the UCI report?

I could be mistaken, but my understanding was that the UCI report included the WADA report/evidence and was the basis for requesting that Spain hold a hearing re: Contador.

I don't know what everyone is so concerned about though for Contador, I am absolutely confident and remain optimistic that Spain will acquit Contador...:D:D:D:D

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
snip..the UCI report.
what you called the uci report is a laboratory documentation package - an official collection of various documents that are sent to an athlete and his federation. the contents of ldp is strictly governed by the wada document td2009ldoc.

it was reported that contador's ldp contains 600 pages (an unusually large packages) and consists of 4 parts. the said wada report is likely residing within the ldp part dealing with clen contamination assessment.

it's also important to note, that the wada report existence, thought more than likely, is from the leak to el pais article and that neither wada nor the uci officially have confirmed it whereas contador's information to the papers is from his official press release. does not mean contador's side isn't spinning.

all i'm saying there's plenty of confusion around and i'm taking any 'news' skeptically.

In any case it's a weird comment from AC's camp.

There has been found Clen in his body - he is responsible - even if it was accidental, it's still his responsibility. That's all WADA/UCI has to do.

If AC wants time off for "accidental use" surely it would be expected that his camp made the effort to prove the meat was contaminated in the way they apparently expect WADA/UCI to do it...

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
JPM London said:
In any case it's a weird comment from AC's camp.

There has been found Clen in his body - he is responsible - even if it was accidental, it's still his responsibility. That's all WADA/UCI has to do.

If AC wants time off for "accidental use" surely it would be expected that his camp made the effort to prove the meat was contaminated in the way they apparently expect WADA/UCI to do it...

+1

It seems that Contador's legal team has either forgotten, or is attempting to publicly obfuscate who carries the burden of proof vis-a-vis his defense.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't place much credibility on this legal release.

The lawyers aren't trying to absolve AC of anything, they're laying the ground-work for a beautiful excuse that will allow RFEC to absolve AC of doping.

WHAT they're saying is as important as HOW they're saying it.

They're trying to muddy the waters enough so that the panel adjudicating AC's positive can have a way out. They really don't want to have to sanction him...

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
With this press release Contador has shown his willingness to go full genius and drag this junk on for decades.

Haha! Beautifully played!

That movie should be preserved for all eternity based on that one scene. Brilliant...

Kudos to you as well, nice timing...

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
I don't place much credibility on this legal release.

The lawyers aren't trying to absolve AC of anything, they're laying the ground-work for a beautiful excuse that will allow RFEC to absolve AC of doping.

WHAT they're saying is as important as HOW they're saying it.

They're trying to muddy the waters enough so that the panel adjudicating AC's positive can have a way out. They really don't want to have to sanction him...

If the corrupt Spanish federation gives Clentador any less than 2 years, the UCI and WADA will appeal - that alone will mean Clentador will miss the 2011 Tour. This will also siphon a million dollars in legal fees out of Clentador's bank account.

When all is said and done he's getting a 2-year ban. And when he comes back he will never win another Tour because it's obvious he needs to dope to do it and he won't have the same mental outlook or aggression. He'll be ridiculed and called doper and all paranoid about doing what got him busted in 2010.

Clentador's legacy is over, just like Lance's.

Yes he won't recover, you'd think that they would have learned their lesson from the Landis fiasco, I guess his lawyers are trying to get as much money out of him by making him hope he might get off on a technicality, this never works.

He should have taken it like a man by saying he thought Clen had arrived via the meat, that he hoped the UCI/Spanish federation would take that into account but that he would accept whatever sanction they imposed. End of story.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
TERMINATOR said:
If the corrupt Spanish federation gives Clentador any less than 2 years, the UCI and WADA will appeal - that alone will mean Clentador will miss the 2011 Tour. This will also siphon a million dollars in legal fees out of Clentador's bank account.

When all is said and done he's getting a 2-year ban. And when he comes back he will never win another Tour because it's obvious he needs to dope to do it and he won't have the same mental outlook or aggression. He'll be ridiculed and called doper and all paranoid about doing what got him busted in 2010.

Clentador's legacy is over, just like Lance's.

I pretty much agree with this, and the guy deserves it. Every day the tainted meat excuse looks weaker and more contrived. The question is, does Spain's cycling federation want to become a complete joke?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I would like to quite see Contador ride while on trial like Valverde did. He is toast and I would like to see Contador get BBQd again while actively riding.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I would like to quite see Contador ride while on trial like Valverde did. He is toast and I would like to see Contador get BBQd again while actively riding.

Have a sauna in the courtroom, set up some rollers, and force AC to do intervals while being deposed...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Have a sauna in the courtroom, set up some rollers, and force AC to do intervals while being deposed...

let me add, a lie detector armband hooked up to a gas jet that would flame up every time Contador lied while a large neon pistelero marqui flashes.

“Regarding the information on the controls in the European Union to animals intended for human consumption and especially beef, the report of the UCI is limited because it considers as good the final official information, according to which each member country must control only 0.4% of bovine animals slaughtered the previous year. According to the latest official report of the European Union for 2008, over a total of nearly 27 million cattle were slaughtered in the EU but only a total of 122,648 samples (0.48%) of which only 22,518 cases with searches for traces of beta agonists, including Clenbuterol.

“According to scientific documents examined by Contador’s lawyers and which will be provided to the Competition Committee, the current system of control of the meat in the European Union is not inviolable, nor sufficient to detect suspected fraud where it exist.

As I predicted-some unresolved technicality will come up to close the case within 3 months & AC will be ready to race in late April-Probably Pais Vasco will be his first appearance...

hfer07 said:
As I predicted-some unresolved technicality will come up to close the case within 3 months & AC will be ready to race in late April-Probably Pais Vasco will be his first appearance...
Statistically, if the sample is not skewed it doesn't really matter what percentage of meat is controlled, but what percentage of the controlled meat tests positive for clenbuterol. And that percentage is still tiny.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:

Seriously for Contadors story to fly, he needs the receipt, a piece of tainted meat, the place the meat was bought, the slaughterhouse inspection, and the feedlot or ranch where Jose the tainted steer lived in its last 3 months.

TRENDING THREADS