• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador 2011 team?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

2011 team

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
indurain666 said:
I think he signed for two years last year. If he wins, he is probably going to renegotiate. 8M per year is hard to beat in pro cycling. He might need to hire some other riders. I hope Vino stays for another season or two, great teammate.

Vino will stay for another season but just for classics no GT for him anymore... and he said also that he will go to retirement after 2011 I'm pretty sure that he is going to be the next Astana's DS... He is learning a lot from Martinelli and the next year he is going to focus in learn a lot more from him... I won't be surprise if he go to some races and GT as a Co - DS...

Libertine Seguros said:
Half a dozen races? He's not Armstrong, you know.

Hahahaha well said... :cool:

Ryo Hazuki said:
vino has confirmed he will at least continue next year but more focussed on classical races. Let's hope he won't stop after next year.

He will stop that is a fact... I'm pretty sure that now he is thinking as a DS... He knows that his stage as a rider is finishing... now we will see the Vino DS =D

Winterfold said:
LOL I am just trying to imagine Vino as a DS - "all riders ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" just make a tape and start playing it in the neutralised zone :D

Hahahahahaha I though the same!!! maybe if he see that his pupils are not attacking as he want he will take his bike and will attack himself! :D

Gcraenen said:
8 million a year? where did you get that? I heard he's making 5 mil now and Astana refused to go up. Say, here's an idea for a new thread: Should cycling have a salary cap?

Ehmmm no... AC is earning almost 6M/year that w/o sponsorships...
Talk about salary cap in cycling???? Well I think that We have to think first in a salary cap for football players... I think that Pro-Riders should earn more... is pretty sad see that a football player who only play 90min a week earn 2 or 3 times more than a Rider who rides everyday for more than 4h... I know that are other things involved but in terms of efforts a ProRider works 5 times more than a football player...

ttrider said:
Yeah can see him staying on with maybe jose ivan gutierrez and luis leon sanchez joining interesting to see on that cq ranking most of his races are in france and spain only, would love to see him compete in different races each year like tirreno adriatico and volta catalunya and tour de suisse for a change from the usual paris nice, Castilla leon, dauphine.

LLSanchez was already signed by Rabobank though... Rabobank gave him an offer really high... also The Shack and Sky are not teams for him... We will have a way better future with Rabobank though...

wagman67 said:
I am not so sure these two truly get along so great, or that either would be considered "great" teammates. Vino left Contador stranded a little after the cobbles, and Contador, once again, attacked his own teammate for a stage victory, and then didn't even seal the deal. They are both big egos, and history shows that Vino considers Astana his team...period. He has to be bothered with the thought of Contador staying...he wants to race him, not help him.

WTH...? could you ppl stop that soap-opera??? those guys really get along... maybe you didn't what happened in the finish line in Revel...

BYOP88 said:
From what I can remember about Vino in his Telekom/T-Mobile days is he attacked alot, was it in the 05 Tour that Kloden and Ullrich chased him down. This Tour Vino has been a great teammate from Contador, maybe it's cos he's older or maybe by having Contador winning the Tour it will benefit the team and also the country.

In fact Vino is riding for the Glory of Kazakhstan... He has always raced for that since ever... He is a old fashion soviet guy who always think in the motherland first... This team was his idea and he is going to do what ever it takes for his team...

now about the question what is going to be Contador's 2011 team? well of course Astana...! No team offers him a team just for him where the leader is just him and everybody just run for him... Also Astana like Phonak has no budget limit and they can sing anybody... this year they will have plenty of time to sign riders not like the last year where the actual Shack fok them leaving the team at the end of the year... If Caisse D'Epargne dissapear 3 or 4 riders will be heading to Astana, Also is my wish that Kreuziger sign for them :cool: I really want to see what riders are they going to sign for the next year...

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Wow, almost 75% said Alberto would stay with Astana!
Sweet and humble. A family man, Alberto

Alberto had MOST people fooled.

But....

Stabbed Martinelli in the back.....
Stabbed Vino in the back.....
Stabbed Andy in the back....
Stabbed "his" whole Team in the back...

Might Alberto be the Biggest Case of Sporting Fraud that cycling has ever seen?

Even LeMond is patting Alberto on the back.
Wow.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

But....

Wow.

Yeah, wow. What are you smoking?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

But....

Wow.

You can twist it any way you want to but Bertie is the man and it drives you crazy ! HaHaHa Ha !

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dolophonic said:
You can twist it any way you want to but Bertie is the man and it drives you crazy ! HaHaHa Ha !

HaHaHa. Laugh all you want, dolophonic. HaHaHa.

But this is serious. It is important.

Important for the fanboys to see the fraud.
Expose then destroy the MYTH.

fraud.jpg

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Carols said:
Why does every thread turn into this kind of crap??? AC haters, AC lovers, Vino haters/lovers, Lance haters/lovers, geez....

Don't you people ever want to talk about cycling???
This is just how WE roll!

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
EH EH Carlos this is a tradition... Lovers/Haters - Haters/Lovers we love this way of life :)

So If you don't like it... well there is the door you know... Hahahaha Nah just kidding :D just go with the flow and you will like too hahahaha

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
No. The Biggest Case of Sporting Fraud the cycling has ever seen would be your boy Lance. Gonna be a long, long time before someone else surpasses those heights.

From CN:

In a message to Cyclingnews, Andy wrote, "It's official that we will not be riding with Bjarne next season. We're not going to stay. We're going to leave at the end of the year. All the doubts and news about us racing in the same team as Contador are now finished. We're not going to continue."

Hmm. Kinda makes it sound like AC to Riis' team is a done deal.

VeloCity said:
No. The Biggest Case of Sporting Fraud the cycling has ever seen would be your boy Lance. Gonna be a long, long time before someone else surpasses those heights.

From CN:

Hmm. Kinda makes it sound like AC to Riis' team is a done deal.

Frankly it sounds like they are using the AC to Riis rumors as pretext. They were out the door pre-Tour (IMO).

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Carols said:
Why does every thread turn into this kind of crap??? AC haters, AC lovers, Vino haters/lovers, Lance haters/lovers, geez....

Don't you people ever want to talk about cycling???

Carlos feel free to talk cycling whenever you are ready. That is what i am interested in also.
I was only messing with Polish for fun.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
No talk about doping in this part of the forum, you all know that, so refrain from posting about it.

Anyway, guess I was wrong. I thought prior to last week that Contador would remain at Astana. I am still curious how this years transfer caroussel will turn out because a lot of riders want to change teams, and many are also forced to change teams

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ttrider said:
Where will he go in 2011:
There are so many rumours that include staying put, Caisse D'epargne, Quickstep, Alonsos new team. But now the Eurosport commentators mentioned the Shlecks Luxemberg team and on another thread it is believed that he could go to Riis what is most likely?!

shrug.gif
birdiedoublered.gif
confused.gif
02cents.gif

TRENDING THREADS