Contador 2011 team?

2011 team

  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
386
0
0
Where will he go in 2011:
There are so many rumours that include staying put, Caisse D'epargne, Quickstep, Alonsos new team. But now the Eurosport commentators mentioned the Shlecks Luxemberg team and on another thread it is believed that he could go to Riis what is most likely?!
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,901
0
0
I'm pretty sure the Schleck-Contador thing is BS. Concerning Riis it might be true that there are negotiations, but I haven't heard anyone say it's a done deal. If I had to bet I'd say the most likely outcome is still him staying with Astana. Second most likely Riis, simply because there are current rumours and there's often truth in that.
 
Feb 25, 2010
3,854
1
0
he'll probably stay put, he makes big money, has a good team with a couple of friends. I do hope he goes to Quick-step though. But I don't think so as Specialized left them for Astana as they couldn't sign him.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
hey stays no doubt. astana offered him 32 million euros over 4 years. no team can counter that. and he has all his friends around him
 
Aug 4, 2009
177
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
hey stays no doubt. astana offered him 32 million euros over 4 years. no team can counter that. and he has all his friends around him
8 million a year for half a dozen races? And all he does is eat/sleepttrain the rest of the time, AND a clean live-er? wow...my new hero
 
May 13, 2009
692
1
0
Marva32 said:
I thought it was already reported that he signed for Astana for next year. Am I wrong?
I think he signed for two years last year. If he wins, he is probably going to renegotiate. 8M per year is hard to beat in pro cycling. He might need to hire some other riders. I hope Vino stays for another season or two, great teammate.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
indurain666 said:
I think he signed for two years last year. If he wins, he is probably going to renegotiate. 8M per year is hard to beat in pro cycling. He might need to hire some other riders. I hope Vino stays for another season or two, great teammate.
vino has confirmed he will at least continue next year but more focussed on classical races. Let's hope he won't stop after next year.
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,735
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
vino has confirmed he will at least continue next year but more focussed on classical races. Let's hope he won't stop after next year.
LOL I am just trying to imagine Vino as a DS - "all riders ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" just make a tape and start playing it in the neutralised zone :D
 
Jul 19, 2010
146
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
hey stays no doubt. astana offered him 32 million euros over 4 years. no team can counter that. and he has all his friends around him
8 million a year? where did you get that? I heard he's making 5 mil now and Astana refused to go up.

Say, here's an idea for a new thread: Should cycling have a salary cap?
 

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
386
0
0
Yeah can see him staying on with maybe jose ivan gutierrez and luis leon sanchez joining interesting to see on that cq ranking most of his races are in france and spain only, would love to see him compete in different races each year like tirreno adriatico and volta catalunya and tour de suisse for a change from the usual paris nice, Castilla leon, dauphine.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
Gcraenen said:
8 million a year? where did you get that? I heard he's making 5 mil now and Astana refused to go up.

Say, here's an idea for a new thread: Should cycling have a salary cap?
cycling is nothing like football yet though.

they offered him at the end of last year. I think it was in a number of newssites as well. he then still had a year left on his contract so he could sign it from next year on. depends maybe on what offers he gets from other teams but no doubt astana is the wealthiest team in cycling.
 

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
3,171
0
0
Statement - Lunes 19 de julio de 2010 ...

Alberto Contador and Yvon Sanquer, manager of Astana, asked Oscar Pereiro to reconsider its decision to end his career at season's end. Alberto Contador, satisfied with the work of former Tour winner, wants to keep his side next season ... Astana.

Touched by so many considerations, Pereiro could reverse its decision: "They showed so much interest that I think about it. For me it was clear, I said and I do not regret it but now things have little changed (...) I can only say that I think about it, nothing more. "
Oscar Pereiro had hoped to end his career at the end of last season and now already Alberto Contador has convinced him to continue with him at Astana.

In full: http://www.farodevigo.es/deportes/2010/07/19/astana-contador-pretenden-pereiro-siga-ano/457185.html
 
Jul 2, 2010
13
0
0
indurain666 said:
I think he signed for two years last year. If he wins, he is probably going to renegotiate. 8M per year is hard to beat in pro cycling. He might need to hire some other riders. I hope Vino stays for another season or two, great teammate.
I am not so sure these two truly get along so great, or that either would be considered "great" teammates. Vino left Contador stranded a little after the cobbles, and Contador, once again, attacked his own teammate for a stage victory, and then didn't even seal the deal. They are both big egos, and history shows that Vino considers Astana his team...period. He has to be bothered with the thought of Contador staying...he wants to race him, not help him.

Is it me, or does Contador seem to be the outcast on the teams that he is the leader of? And, he seems paranoid that his teammates are not working for him...which is dead wrong, when you look at the effort those guys have given him.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
you must've seen a totally different race because vino helped contador on the cobbles, vino was behind the schleck crash and came back from the 4th group to the 2nd group with contador and took relays that were beyond amazing.
 
Apr 26, 2010
1,035
0
0
wagman67 said:
I am not so sure these two truly get along so great, or that either would be considered "great" teammates. Vino left Contador stranded a little after the cobbles, and Contador, once again, attacked his own teammate for a stage victory, and then didn't even seal the deal. They are both big egos, and history shows that Vino considers Astana his team...period. He has to be bothered with the thought of Contador staying...he wants to race him, not help him.

Is it me, or does Contador seem to be the outcast on the teams that he is the leader of? And, he seems paranoid that his teammates are not working for him...which is dead wrong, when you look at the effort those guys have given him.
Sad, a very sad case of gullibility and outright eagerness to be brainwashed.

Or you should stop doing drugs.
________
FREE****TUBE
 
Jul 2, 2010
13
0
0
I'm talking about at the end of the stage...they were not in the leading group, so Vino was not going for a stage win, but he left Contador, who lost time on Schleck...he could have helped shave a few of those seconds...perhaps, say, eight or so.

Vino has served his time...I would like to see him set free to race. It was great to see him hammer it home the other day. He seems so bound by having to help Contador, who really looks to need help on many days so far. I really thought Contador would have stepped all over this race by now, but it seems to be a bigger struggle for him this year.

Thursday should be epic...and its my birthday! If Alberto doesn't put his stamp on this race with a win, he might have to settle for winning the GC without a stage victory.
 
Jul 2, 2010
13
0
0
rxgqgxnyfz said:
Sad, a very sad case of gullibility and outright eagerness to be brainwashed.
Brainwashed about what...kind of lost with that statement.

rxgqgxnyfz said:
Or you should stop doing drugs.
It's hard to stop something you never started.

Have I offended you in some way...or even know you? Or, do you just start picking fights at random?
 
montagna lunga said:
8 million a year for half a dozen races? And all he does is eat/sleepttrain the rest of the time, AND a clean live-er? wow...my new hero
I cant think of a more difficult way to get 8 million a year. Usually its recieved through inheritance, appearing in films/ adverts or playing football.

Contador has to go through immense pain to get every last dollar.
 
Gcraenen said:
8 million a year? where did you get that? I heard he's making 5 mil now and Astana refused to go up.

Say, here's an idea for a new thread: Should cycling have a salary cap?
When footballers salaries become 60 grand a year not 60 grand a week come back to me about salaries in cycling
 
wagman67 said:
I'm talking about at the end of the stage...they were not in the leading group, so Vino was not going for a stage win, but he left Contador, who lost time on Schleck...he could have helped shave a few of those seconds...perhaps, say, eight or so.

Vino has served his time...I would like to see him set free to race. It was great to see him hammer it home the other day. He seems so bound by having to help Contador, who really looks to need help on many days so far. I really thought Contador would have stepped all over this race by now, but it seems to be a bigger struggle for him this year.

Thursday should be epic...and its my birthday! If Alberto doesn't put his stamp on this race with a win, he might have to settle for winning the GC without a stage victory.
AC had a damaged wheel which slowed him down. it would have cost him more to get it changed and lose contact with the group, so he rode, difficult as it was on, but finaly lost contact in the last km. There was nothing vino could do about this.
 
rxgqgxnyfz said:
Sad, a very sad case of gullibility and outright eagerness to be brainwashed.

Or you should stop doing drugs.
Brainwashed by whom. People who hate ac might try to spread rumours that him and ac dont get along, but its not like the radioshack machine has been trying to brainwash people regarding this.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
From what I can remember about Vino in his Telekom/T-Mobile days is he attacked alot, was it in the 05 Tour that Kloden and Ullrich chased him down. This Tour Vino has been a great teammate from Contador, maybe it's cos he's older or maybe by having Contador winning the Tour it will benefit the team and also the country.
 
Jul 2, 2010
13
0
0
BYOP88 said:
From what I can remember about Vino in his Telekom/T-Mobile days is he attacked alot, was it in the 05 Tour that Kloden and Ullrich chased him down. This Tour Vino has been a great teammate from Contador, maybe it's cos he's older or maybe by having Contador winning the Tour it will benefit the team and also the country.
That's what I mean...unbound him and let him attack. This guy is one of the most raw and powerful riders I have seen. Sometimes it is great to see him with the bit in mouth, pulling the whole of the team...and some times you just want to see the leash break and watch him run wild. Contrast him with Armstrong: Armstrong is always calculating what the effort needs to be and weighs the benefits and cons....Vino, whatever, I'm just going to rip you apart as much as I can.

You have a good point about him maturing, but I just can't see him really wanting Contador around much. He has to want to be "the" guy for Astana, and I can't blame him. Knowing a teammate attacked you when you had a stage in hand can't help much.

Both of these guys are really good. I just don't buy the "great" teammates thing. One is always going to have to be "the" guy, and the other is going to be a "great" talent, but still second fiddle. Right now, we know which is which.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY