• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador Blood Doped

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Vino is a hero at the Professional road racing forum, not at the Clinic, so to speak. We know what the game is about, we know what the top riders have to do to be up there so this is in no way about Contador, no one is singling him out in that regard, except in that he's actually tested positive. No one would defend Vino here if he was caught.

I think Contador should get 2 years for clen, nothing else.

Chances are all the top guys were tested for plasticizers, as part of the process to validate the test, but Contador's results were leaked because of the clen positive. Now normally I'd say leaking test results is a bad thing, but that would only be if the UCI was doing its job properly and not keeping things secret.

I wouldn't mind that, but read the title of this thread. Yes, he tested positive, but not for blood doping.

I'll always like Contador, even after his ban. All I know is, I won't be watching next years Tour if Contador's not in it. It's like watching a one men's race. It's like 2009, but without the spice(Armstrong+ Contador fight)
2009 was already boring enough, 2011 will be unbearable.

El Pistolero said:
I wouldn't mind that, but read the title of this thread. Yes, he tested positive, but not for blood doping.

I'll always like Contador, even after his ban. All I know is, I won't be watching next years Tour if Contador's not in it. It's like watching a one men's race. It's like 2009, but without the spice(Armstrong+ Contador fight)
2009 was already boring enough, 2011 will be unbearable.
I see nothing wrong with the thread title. Right now Contador can't be suspended for blood doping because the test hasn't been validated yet, but that doesn't mean the test itself isn't valid or that Contador didn't blood dope. He most certainly did.

As for the rest of your post, well, that's your loss.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
I see nothing wrong with the thread title. Right now Contador can't be suspended for blood doping because the test hasn't been validated yet, but that doesn't mean the test itself isn't valid or that Contador didn't blood dope. He most certainly did.

As for the rest of your post, well, that's your loss.

Actually, Contador blood doping is not a fact. It's highly likely, but it's not a fact. That's why the test needs to be done on other GT contenders as well.

If you really think it's a fact then I hope you never need to be a jury in someone's murder case.

Any decent lawyer with a 6-7 digit paycheck can refute this plasticizer test with stone hard arguments and searching for procedural errors.

You probably, among with everyone else here, have not a clue how this test works. Nor have you seen the results of this test, nor do you know if this test is as accurate and perfect as some have said, yet in your mind the test says as a fact that Contador blood doped. Nice.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The reveal of the plasticiser test serves only in the court of public opinion, as a response to Contador's claim of ingesting clen through tainted food. Both are simply conjecture that color the fact he tested positive for a banned substance. The plasticiser revelation puts an enormous amount of pressure on those who mete out the punishment for the clenbuterol to think very carefully about how they proceed.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Not a serious observation, just something I noticed when I was in the shower.

2005: LA retires
2006: FLandis caught after winning TdF
2007: Rasmussen caught whilst leading TdF

2010: LA retires
2010: Contador caught after winning TdF
2011: ...

:p
You showered with Lemond?

luckyboy said:
Not a serious observation, just something I noticed when I was in the shower.

2005: LA retires
2006: FLandis caught after winning TdF
2007: Rasmussen caught whilst leading TdF

2010: LA retires
2010: Contador caught after winning TdF
2011: ...

:p

Check this out

2005 Lance retires.

2005 Vuelta - Heras
2006 Giro - Basso
2006 Tour - Landis
2006 Vuelta - Vinokourov
2007 Giro - DiLuca
2007 Tour - Contador
2007 Vuelta - Menchov
2008 Giro - Contador
2008 Tour - Sastre
2008 Vuelta - Contador
2009 Giro - Menchov
2009 Tour - Contador
2009 Vuelta - Valverde
2010 Giro - Basso
2010 Tour - Contador
2010 Vuelta - Nibali

16 Grand Tours since Lance retired.
14 of them were won by riders who have since been banned, suspended, or failed dope tests.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Check this out

2005 Lance retires.

2005 Vuelta - Heras
2006 Giro - Basso
2006 Tour - Landis
2006 Vuelta - Vinokourov
2007 Giro - DiLuca
2007 Tour - Contador
2007 Vuelta - Menchov
2008 Giro - Contador
2008 Tour - Sastre
2008 Vuelta - Contador
2009 Giro - Menchov
2009 Tour - Contador
2009 Vuelta - Valverde
2010 Giro - Basso
2010 Tour - Contador
2010 Vuelta - Nibali

14 of them were won by riders who have since been banned, suspended, or failed dope tests.

Geez, that made me ill to read. Not that I'm not aware of the stats, just that perhaps subconsciously , I didn't want to quantify the extent of the problem.
Of course, this means that my old friend was the only clean rider on the podium.
Oh, wait...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Check this out

2005 Lance retires.

2005 Vuelta - Menchov
2006 Giro - Basso
2006 Tour - Pereiro
2006 Vuelta - Vinokourov
2007 Giro - DiLuca
2007 Tour - Contador
2007 Vuelta - Menchov
2008 Giro - Contador
2008 Tour - Sastre
2008 Vuelta - Contador
2009 Giro - Menchov
2009 Tour - Contador
2009 Vuelta - Valverde
2010 Giro - Basso
2010 Tour - Contador
2010 Vuelta - Nibali

And Pereiro is the winner of the Tour in 2006. Menchov of the 2005 Vuelta

bolded: not failed any doping tests or banned as far as I know. And Basso is "officially" clean after coming back from his suspension.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Have I heard this before ...... :S

I am not laying blame on anyone, neither am I defending anyone, but have I not heard something like this before?

Contador "It was in the meat ...."

Landis "It was because of the whiskey...."

Perhaps it has already been brought up, I have not read much on this, but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. Time will tell, I am sure, and then we will know a little more ..... but never the whole truth :rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
cyclemad said:
I am not laying blame on anyone, neither am I defending anyone, but have I not heard something like this before?

Contador "It was in the meat ...."

Landis "It was because of the whiskey...."

Perhaps it has already been brought up, I have not read much on this, but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. Time will tell, I am sure, and then we will know a little more ..... but never the whole truth :rolleyes:

Yes, because if one person lies the other lies as well. Thus according to your logic everyone is a liar because there's at least 1 liar in the world and everyone does the same as that one liar.

At least try and come with decent arguments.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Yes, because if one person lies the other lies as well. Thus according to your logic everyone is a liar because there's at least 1 liar in the world and everyone does the same as that one liar.

At least try and come in with decent arguments.

You're very difficult to take seriously with your username.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
You're very difficult to take seriously with your username.

What an argument!

So, how many books have you written by hand mister scribe?

Make sure you send it to an editor though. No one will take you seriously when your book is filled with idiocy.