• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador: "Espero una resolución favorable"

Contador: "Espero una resolución favorable"

Sorry if this has been covered. In that case close the thread.

But Contador made a 15 minute appearance on Spanish tv yesterday (he hasnt made many since the incident i dont think) so for those who can understand enjoy

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20101125/contador-habla-alto-claro-teledeporte/375747.shtml

He says that he belives in his side and hopes that he will get the right verdict. What is expected.

The Hitch said:

But Contador made a 15 minute appearance on Spanish tv yesterday (he hasnt made many since the incident i dont think) so for those who can understand enjoy

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20101125/contador-habla-alto-claro-teledeporte/375747.shtml

He says that he belives in his side and hopes that he will get the right verdict. What is expected.

Hitch... you're right. it has been covered.

Yes, current, nothing new.

The Hitch said:

Thanks a lot Hitch for the link
Aside from what is already known- I'ts very interesting what Carlos de Andres(interviewer) asked AC on how the UCI/McQuaid have acted/intervened upon the case-to which AC response is a very discrete/limited as "cannot comment on it at all" -- also some bits on how Astana has abandoned/left him alone after the fall-even with all the victories he gave to the team, and how the Spanish Cattle industry is fighting him over the meat contamination. good interview indeed.

Someone please explain to me how a rider is supposed to know for certain the exact food he ate was the cause of such or any other contamination.

This is what I don't understand. Because if you knew for certain, wouldn't it be obvious not to eat said product?

This seems to me a ridiculous onus to put on a rider.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a psychologist, but if this guy isn't lying.
When asked whether he ever doped, his answer was extremely short. There is a reason for that: lying sucks, and is rather difficult.
The interview was ok indeed, but a prepared one. Not really a test for AC. For instance, the name Fuentes is not mentioned, nor is the term blooddoping.

Escarabajo said:
Uuuuh, I am so sad he is going to retire.:rolleyes:

Please do retire. I could care less about one less doper in the pro-peloton.

Thanks for the link Hitch.

I might be repeating myself, but I think Contador has come up with a new legal defense position... the CRY-BABY DEFENSE ("I'll quit if punished" and so on)... absolutely disgusting. Let him quit. I'm not anti-AC, just anti-doping. If innocent AC should get off without punishment and cycling would be the better for it. Innocent or not, this kind of defensive posturing makes me want to vomit.

sniper said:
The interview was ok indeed, but a prepared one. Not really a test for AC. For instance, the name Fuentes is not mentioned, nor is the term blooddoping.

*Fuentes isn't involved in this matter
*Transfusion is mentioned & confronted
you either do not understand Spanish or just got a poor second hand translation

sniper said:
I'm not a psychologist, but if this guy isn't lying.
When asked whether he ever doped, his answer was extremely short. There is a reason for that: lying sucks, and is rather difficult.

What? If indeed he didn't dope, what could his response be to a question like "Did you ever dope?"

No would be the obvious choice. But I understand you opt for an extensive, detailed summary of his live and how he never used any PEDs on a beautiful saturday night in his hometown Pinto, which is a very nice town indeed, with some beautiful remnants of medieval times.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
What? If indeed he didn't dope, what could his response be to a question like "Did you ever dope?"

No would be the obvious choice. But I understand you opt for an extensive, detailed summary of his live and how he never used any PEDs on a beautiful saturday night in his hometown Pinto, which is a very nice town indeed, with some beautiful remnants of medieval times.

Well, let's first agree that he's lying. We do agree there right?
Now, given that most do indeed think he's lying, one would indeed expect of him a more passionate denial. At least that's what i would do. Say, something like, "Indeed, I never doped, I swear it on my grnadmother's grave.. and no, I never did any bloodtransfusions either. Here, check my arms, no needles ever went in there..I know others have doped before me, but I have always been clean, and managed to win the Tour clean, that's why it's so frustrating to have been caught for something as silly as CLEN. etc..."
Main thing is: if I were (a) innocent and (b) up against the public opinion, Spanish beef-industry, and the WADA, I'd give more than just a "nunca, jamas".

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
*Fuentes isn't involved in this matter
*Transfusion is mentioned & confronted
you either do not understand Spanish or just got a poor second hand translation

Fuentes is not involved? He is when it comes to judging AC's credibility, which is what we are discussing here, and what the interviewer's question was all about.

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
Now, given that most do indeed think he's lying, one would indeed expect of him a more passionate denial. At least that's what i would do. Say, something like, "Indeed, I never doped, I swear it on my grnadmother's grave.. and no, I never did any bloodtransfusions either. Here, check my arms, no needles ever went in there..I know others have doped before me, but I have always been clean, and managed to win the Tour clean, that's why it's so frustrating to have been caught for something as silly as CLEN. etc..."
Main thing is: if I were (a) innocent and (b) up against the public opinion, Spanish beef-industry, and the WADA, I'd give more than just a "nunca, jamas".

so, you're ok with armstrong's "never tested positive" response ?

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
If Contadore retires over this the Spanish Government may pull out of the WADA convention ounce one dose it many will follow.

He hopes and it could happen its time to fight back. Health issues legal or not are not intended to be handled the way they are at preasent it is private
and every country have privacy laws.

If an athleat is banned after he has gone through all process then OK give it to the Media.

Get rid of this nonesence of trial by Media.

How would you feel if you got a dose of Clapp and it was published that you were on antibiotics.

sniper said:

No I think he's innocent.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:
If Contadore retires over this the Spanish Government may pull out of the WADA convention ounce one dose it many will follow.

He hopes and it could happen its time to fight back. Health issues legal or not are not intended to be handled the way they are at preasent it is private
and every country have privacy laws.

If an athleat is banned after he has gone through all process then OK give it to the Media.

Get rid of this nonesence of trial by Media.

How would you feel if you got a dose of Clapp and it was published that you were on antibiotics.

I was not aware that Alberto caught himself a dose of the clap:(
Geez, its not like the guy doesn't have enough problems already....
Maybe he caught it from a toilet seat?

sniper said:
Fuentes is not involved? He is when it comes to judging AC's credibility, which is what we are discussing here, and what the interviewer's question was all about.

I reckon clearly the AC interview is about the current events-not the OP case-which has been vastly discussed in previous threads-and apparently you're the only person interested in bringing that matter once more;) and BTW- this is not about AC's credibility at all- I'm simply sticking to the facts stated in the interview-I haven't even given a personal opinion about it-- I have just translated bits of it....

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:
Someone please explain to me how a rider is supposed to know for certain the exact food he ate was the cause of such or any other contamination.

This is what I don't understand. Because if you knew for certain, wouldn't it be obvious not to eat said product?

This seems to me a ridiculous onus to put on a rider.

Good point. How does he know and how can he prove it?

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:

Berzin, you wont find anyone to explain that. My opinion it is total bs. And one month later! I call it clutching at straws - and all possible straws are 50 pictograms
I predict the UCI and/or WADA will use your argument at a CAS appeal

cheers dallas

TRENDING THREADS