• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador is not being supported by Astana

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
bjbbiker said:
Alberto meet drugs, drugs meet Alberto

Somehow I doubt that is a new relationship.

20zrx38.jpg

A

Anonymous

VeloGirl said:
Leipheimer and Horner couldn't start do to injuries. The team isn't as strong as it would have been with them.

+1 I whole-heartedly agree with you. Once the complete team is fully recovered we'll see some great racing, no matter who ends up being the strongest leader on the team.

180mmCrank said:
Is it just me or does it look like Astana are not really comitted to Contador? He was totally isolated today at Paris Nice. This would never have happened to Lance. There seems to be a big difference between the team around Contador and the support that Leipheimer had in California. Am I missing something here?

it's just you.

totally_lance

BANNED
Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
Is it just me or does it look like Astana are not really comitted to Contador? He was totally isolated today at Paris Nice. This would never have happened to Lance. There seems to be a big difference between the team around Contador and the support that Leipheimer had in California. Am I missing something here?

Get a life.

Hey Totally Lance

This brought back memories - my first post on CN Forum - and if I'm not mistaken one of the very first threads :) - did it take you long to dig this out?

Thanks for this - still topical even after all these months :rolleyes:

May 5, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-wants-2008-giro-samples-re-tested-for-cera

- Looks like Armstrong has called in the favor. Contador to go down. Now didn't the UCI say they weren't testing these samples?

(AP) — LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Sport's highest court has dismissed an appeal by Kazakh cyclist Andrei Kashechkin against a two-year ban for blood doping shortly after he was kicked out of the 2007 Tour de France.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport upheld on Friday the suspension imposed by the Kazakhstan Cycling Federation. The suspension also expired Friday and the 29-year-old former Astana can return to racing.

Kashechkin was eighth overall in the 2007 Tour when he and the rest of the Astana riders had to leave after team leader Alexander Vinokourov tested positive for blood doping.

TRENDING THREADS