• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador to Radio Shack in 2011

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Write it down...

AC and LA reconcile in 2010 and AC transfers to Team Radio Shack in 2011 to both extend his run of TdF titles and co-mentor young Phinney, as heir apparent.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Can you say pipe dream?

1197849303661.jpg

A

Anonymous

entropy said:
Write it down...

AC and LA reconcile in 2010 and AC transfers to Team Radio Shack in 2011 to both extend his run of TdF titles and co-mentor young Phinney, as heir apparent.

I'll play. Step 1 - who wins the Tour de France in your scenario?

1. Lance wins and retires, & Contador joins the team that beat him with no guarantee of leadership over Leipheimer, Kloden, or Popovych.

2. Lance wins (that's so hard to type) and will race again in 2011, so Contador joins the team that beat him and will gladly compete with La, LL, Popo, Kloden, etc. for team leadership.

3. Lance doesn't win the 2010 Tour de France

Those are the three basic scenarios. Pick the one your crystal ball foretells.

theswordsman said:
I'll play. Step 1 - who wins the Tour de France in your scenario?

1. Lance wins and retires, & Contador joins the team that beat him with no guarantee of leadership over Leipheimer, Kloden, or Popovych.

2. Lance wins (that's so hard to type) and will race again in 2011, so Contador joins the team that beat him and will gladly compete with La, LL, Popo, Kloden, etc. for team leadership.

3. Lance doesn't win the 2010 Tour de France

Those are the three basic scenarios. Pick the one your crystal ball foretells.

Implicit in the OP's thought is that AC wins and goes to Radio Shack to continue his string of TdF victories.

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
Implicit in the OP's thought is that AC wins and goes to Radio Shack to continue his string of TdF victories.

It was actually a test question, as this was the first post ever by the OP. Would someone who wants Contador to join Radio Shack declare that Armstrong is not going to win the 2010 Tour de France? I think it's worth having them make that declaration explicitly. The consensus of other posters seems to be that the whole idea wasn't well thought out and the conclusion might not be correct. I think the flying pig drove the point home pretty well. I stand by my post, despite your belief in the clarity of thought of the original.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

Look long-term, not short. Regardless of who wins the 2010 TdF, Popo/Levi/Kloden/etc., are aging and their best miles are behind them. Difference makers, yes, but not Grand Tour challengers. The key here is will Contador accept living in LA's shadow?

If LA wins in 2010, nothing to prove in 2011...so off to Hawaii and Iron Man. If Riis finds the $$ to keep the team intact, AC has limited options in 2011. If he fails, the Brothers Schleck become LA's targets.

Consider...with LA's intensity and drive, the only thing worse than owning/sponsering the team that delivers AC to the 2011 TdF podium is losing to him.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Final thought...the map is not the territory.

You think this is my first post...login names are a dime a dozen.
You believe you have the market cornered on logical thought...myopia is a terrible thing.
And most of you consider yourselves the arbiters of truth...the ancients would have smiled at you.

theswordsman said:
It was actually a test question, as this was the first post ever by the OP. Would someone who wants Contador to join Radio Shack declare that Armstrong is not going to win the 2010 Tour de France? I think it's worth having them make that declaration explicitly. The consensus of other posters seems to be that the whole idea wasn't well thought out and the conclusion might not be correct. I think the flying pig drove the point home pretty well. I stand by my post, despite your belief in the clarity of thought of the original.

I'm in agreement with most everyone else on this topic: too ridiculous to consider. I was just point out that the OP's comments had an implied answer to your question. It is of no consequence though--it's just the return of CN's resident troll.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
entropy said:

You believe you have the market cornered on logical thought...myopia is a terrible thing.
And most of you consider yourselves the arbiters of truth...the ancients would have smiled at you.

Was there a previous username asshat? assclown? Did I previously insult you by saying if you had 2 brains you would be twice as stupid?

If not, any of the previous material can be applied to your previous usernames, then grandfathered to describe you now. Welcome to the forum again.

entropy said:

ooooooooo. How cryptic.

Ooooooooooooooooooooo.

entropy said:

This is pretty hilarious. "...the ancients would have smiled at you." Come on, now--please don't take the bait!

entropy said:

1 post was enough to figure you out, what a pathetic sad life you must lead. Welcome once again to ignore.

TRENDING THREADS