• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador to ride Giro?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
karlboss said:
I think he should slowly move up the doubles and then take the triple.
1st Giro Vuelta
2nd Tour Vuelta
3rd Giro Tour
4th Giro Tour Vuelta

I don't want to see him ride this giro, as I don't want him to lose the tour and have an excuse. I want him to win the Tour, but more I'd prefer he gets to the tour inform and the strength tactics of someone else takes it.

That makes sense.

I hope he doesn't try the Giro/Tour this year, it may be too soon and effect his career longevity. I think he's said something to that effect himself.

Planning with the Vuelta as a possibility this year gives him a fallback position if something gets in the way of a good Tour; and if he has a good Tour he can assess the Vuelta based on his condition. Giro/Tour this year puts the Tour at risk.

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Being a AC fan is cool, but people even talking about a triple? Come on... He won't race the Giro this year I bet, because it's not like he'd dominate the tour on 99% after already having suffered in the Giro.... Not with this contenders field this year...

I would very much like to see Contador try and win the Giro and the Tour in the same year. I'm not particularly a fan of his, but he's a great champion, and I think it's time someone dared to attempt this double again. (Still think Basso would have done it 2006)

Besides, it might make the Tour de France a bit more interesting if he's not in top form after winning the Giro, and actually has to struggle to win it..

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ErmOkk said:
Being a AC fan is cool, but people even talking about a triple? Come on... He won't race the Giro this year I bet, because it's not like he'd dominate the tour on 99% after already having suffered in the Giro.... Not with this contenders field this year...

The triple was a bit of a joke, but let me put this to you, what would you do if you attempted and won the giro and tour in the same year, like some of the greats before you, and did so surprisingly easily?

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
tubularglue said:
so if Roberto rides the Giro, you all know as fact it is to win and not training.

How so ?

If Roberto Heras rides the Giro it will be to finish because his form won't be good enough to ride for the win. If Alberto Contador rides it'll be to win because "he has much to learn" and one of those things is how to be a sandbagger 11 months of the year.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
:eek: oooooops
images

TRENDING THREADS