• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cimber said:
Really immense so much support Contador gets from riders, former riders, race managers, experts, journalists etc etc etc.

It's not like nobody in the peloton isn't happy about this. It's just that they choose to not say anything.

And by the way, did you really expected anything else? Merckx, Indurain, Martinelli and co are all heavily invested in the omerta.

El Pistolero said:
Yes, he repaid Andy the favor from stage 3 that year. Wasn't that nice from him? Classless people need classless treatment.

Maybe so but we were debating AC and if he ever acted classless wich I think he did after that stage. I am not interested in Andy to be honest (in these matters).

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
Honestly it just sucks he has been banned.

How can people say that he shouldn't be banned.

I am not a Contador hater i just love cycling but at the end of the day he is a professional road racer that was found to have a banned substance in his doping samples without a proven reason.
The punishment for this is a Ban no matter what your name is.

Its just a shame for cycling that it has taken so long to reach a verdict it kind of makes a mockery of the ban that its back-dated nearly a year and a half.

People at work have been quite aware that I've got quite the bad attitude today. Just a combination of things have contributed to it:

-a massive pileing on of work
-Armstrong skating
-Michigan losing to Michigan State in college basketball
-The Patriots (Tom Brady, ex-Michigan qb) losing the Super Bowl
-Andy inheriting his first stage race overall win:(
....but of course the worse thing effecting my mood is the Contador decision.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would question the timing of the Contador and Armstrong decisions occurring less than a week within one another. Almost as if to say "this is what you get for not genuflecting to his majesty and not allowing him to complete his triumphant return to the sport. For you insolence, we're snatching you're victories for 2 years and giving them to our chosen champion, that fairhaired-boy next door, and all around great guy, Andy Schleck. As a consolation, you have Alejandro Valverde back so just be happy for that." Just an odd string of coincidences that have occurred.

I'm a bit too emotionally

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Because they are awesome at crushing their opponents, who we also don't know. :D

Yeah that's all fine and well but there's a point where its just a sport and these riders are just guys that none of us have any control over. Why get so worked up over it?

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
great champion. I hope he will return stronger and get his revenge.

Anyway, a cout decision can't change the past. He finished first in the Tour the 25(24?) july 2010 and first in the giro.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
rapistwit said:
Yeah that's all fine and well but there's a point where its just a sport and these riders are just guys that none of us have any control over. Why get so worked up over it?
Feel the love.

55161004.jpg

Angliru said:
People at work have been quite aware that I've got quite the bad attitude today. Just a combination of things have contributed to it:

-a massive pileing on of work
-Armstrong skating
-Michigan losing to Michigan State in college basketball
-The Patriots (Tom Brady, ex-Michigan qb) losing the Super Bowl
-Andy inheriting his first stage race overall win:(
....but of course the worse thing effecting my mood is the Contador decision.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would question the timing of the Contador and Armstrong decisions occurring less than a week within one another. Almost as if to say "this is what you get for not genuflecting to his majesty and not allowing him to complete his triumphant return to the sport. For you insolence, we're snatching you're victories for 2 years and giving them to our chosen champion, that fairhaired-boy next door, and all around great guy, Andy Schleck. As a consolation, you have Alejandro Valverde back so just be happy for that." Just an odd string of coincidences that have occurred.

I'm a bit too emotionally

FFS man, I'm probably a bigger Contador fan than you but do you really have to turn it round on Schleck all the time. He has freack all to do with this ruling other than inheriting (sp) a TDF he does not want and has called it as such.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Contador has rubbished the sport by racing during his ban. No respect for the sport dirty A and B samples.
He has effected the results of other riders and races and has changed the effects of races while riding while banned.
Giro and TdF no results.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
virandociclista said:
Let's forget about this Armstrong. He is now police problem.

Contador did not win one day races because he not focus on this yet. As the movistar avatar said, next year he will try and (probably) will win.

WHAT! and this contador is not a "lets stick this thread in the clinic" problem?
& armstrong isnt a police problem anymore now is he?

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
rapistwit said:
Why do so many people get so heavily invested in people they don't know?
It's bizarre.

It's sport, simple as that. It inspires, it elates, it crushes our expectations, and it rewards magnificently those who either participate in it, or who follow it, be it cycling, football, rugby or anything else.

Contador drew people in with his never say die attitude and his style of riding. People enjoyed watching him race because he was guaranteed to animate any race he was in - that is why it has hit his fans quite hard.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunate for fans of exciting racing, but it gets worse. For those of us subject to Phil and Paul drivel, this is terrible. We are going to hear them taking shots at Contador ad nauseum.