• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cookson V McQuaid who do you think ???

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
There was no more status quo. USADA stuck a pin in the status quo hence the need for someone to oust McQuaid to get the status quo back on track.

Armstrong, Weisel, USAC and Marakov giving Cookson a 'Halleluyah' does not bode well.

As for JV, i take whatever he says in the same vein i take the words of politicians, if their lips are moving they are generally lying.

Cookson said he spoke with Tygart so JV wasn't lying about it. He also said he has never met or spoken with Lance.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Cookson said he spoke with Tygart so JV wasn't lying about it. He also said he has never met or spoken with Lance.

I am happy you are optimistic Gooner. I am not. I want to see real change in the sport before I will believe it.

Seeing Wigans win the TdF, Froome's meteoric rise from nowhere and old man Horner winning a GT, i see nothing has changed. Not too mention a Ferrari rider winning Il Giro this year.

I would hardly consider myself a cynic, more a realist.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
How can anyone who has followed the sport since the 90's not be cycnical FFS. Look at the list of the GT winners FFS!

And because you're a cynic it gives you the right to throw around baseless accusations and come into this thread with a meaningless baiting post directed at JV and people who support Sky.

Scepticism is more appropriate.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
And because you're a cynic it gives you the right to throw around baseless accusations and come into this thread with a meaningless baiting post directed at JV and people who support Sky.

Scepticism is more appropriate.

I base my accusations on a sport that is a cesspit. That is a given.

I prefer realist. JV is a chameleon. Sky are doping. Sport not clean...yet. Let us see who Cookson picks to 'clean' up the sport.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I am happy you are optimistic Gooner. I am not. I want to see real change in the sport before I will believe it.

Seeing Wigans win the TdF, Froome's meteoric rise from nowhere and old man Horner winning a GT, i see nothing has changed. Not too mention a Ferrari rider winning Il Giro this year.

I'm just reserving judgement until we see how things progress under Cookson. You are prejudging even before he started the role as we have seen in your earlier post.

I would hardly consider myself a cynic, more a realist.

Yet that's exactly what you implied below about yourself.

Benotti69 said:
How can anyone who has followed the sport since the 90's not be cycnical FFS. Look at the list of the GT winners FFS!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
I'm just reserving judgement until we see how things progress under Cookson. You are prejudging even before he started the role as we have seen in your earlier post.

Yet that's exactly what you implied below about yourself.

I am cycnical about the sport and those who run it. Too any false dawns. But I am a realist to realise it is still in the cesspit. Cookson only got elected today. Be a while before anything solid happens to change the culture.

I want Cookson to invite back those the sport ostracised, but we'll probably see the likes of David Millar get positions of power.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I am cycnical about the sport and those who run it. Too any false dawns. But I am a realist to realise it is still in the cesspit. Cookson only got elected today. Be a while before anything solid happens to change the culture.

I want Cookson to invite back those the sport ostracised, but we'll probably see the likes of David Millar get positions of power.

Like who?.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Lemond for one. Kimmage for another. Bassons.

No being smart - but I was asking Bennotti, not you.

I am curious who they want back, why and what positions/roles they should do. As it does not appear consistent with what else they have stated.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
No being smart - but I was asking Bennotti, not you.

I am curious who they want back, why and what positions/roles they should do. As it does not appear consistent with what else they have stated.

Who they, I posted, singular? Oh no i am getting pedantic now....aaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh

:D

Benotti69 said:

You know Millar's on the WADA athlete committee right?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Who they, I posted, singular? Oh no i am getting pedantic now....aaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh

:D

The thing being pedantic is......
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/they?s=t
they [they] Show IPA
plural pronoun, possessive their or theirs, objective them.
1. nominative plural of he, she, and it.
2. people in general: They say he's rich.
3. (used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she ): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.

So, how about an answer to my question?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Fancy another ban?

Bassons.

If you have a problem with any post of mine - report it.

However, I am perfectly entitled to question you on what you wrote - I know you like the pedantic/vortex line, but you are the one refusing to answer and throwing in strawmen.

All you have offered is Bassons to be head of "independent anti-doping" - even though he has no qualification and no English?

Dr. Maserati said:
All you have offered is Bassons to be head of "independent anti-doping" - even though he has no qualification and no English?

That's not fully true, doesn't he work at some capacity for the French sports ministry? And what qualification does any sports functionary in the UCI or other sports' governing bodies have exactly?

[but I do recognise that that's got nothing to do with the point you're making and harping on details like just muddles the topic]

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

Since when did cycling become an English only spoken sport?

Bassons went to university after cycling. He is intelligent, he is clean, he is anti doping and he is not part of omerta.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Considering it's a message board, you might want to use a PM if you don't want anyone else responding.

Sure, and THEY wrote it publicly. That why I asked them.

Lets be clear - I have no problem with the names you put forward as it would be consistent with your view.
Due to his continued deflection I am not expecting such consistency from Bennottii.

spalco said:
That's not fully true, doesn't he work at some capacity for the French sports ministry? And what qualification does any sports functionary in the UCI or other sports' governing bodies have exactly?

[but I do recognise that that's got nothing to do with the point you're making and harping on details like just muddles the topic]

His role in France is from memory advising kids.
Of course his input could be valuable - but it is bizarre that a person who talks so much about the cesspool within cycling wants someone with no relevant experience or expertise parachuted in to head up independent anti-doping.

TRENDING THREADS