• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cool/Funny videos of pro cyclists

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Christian said:
Belgian postman vs. Gilbert. Who wins? The catch: they exchange bikes. Gilbert gets the postman's 30kg bike and the postman gets Gilbert's 7kg bike. Ready, set, go!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15kmdd_versus-philippe-gilbert-vs-postman_sport?start=398

Sadly that was one of the best races of the season:p

It was a lot closer than I thought it would be. Its a subject that interests me greatly because I ride a sort of roadbike wannabe version which weighs 13kg and the wheels are a bit thicker and has just pedals without any of that clip whatever technology that gives a 30% boost. So I always wonder when I ride with people with proper bikes whether I could go faster than them on a real bike.

Also I have a lot of experience with the bike hire scheme bikes which only weigh 24 not 30kg. My poor mans road bike compared to these is already a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference. Last time I stopped using the valencia version of these bikes (valenbici) and got onto my roadbike, after one pedal stroke it felt like I was on a motorcycle.

So I don't understand how even GIlbert, on a bike that weighs 7kg more (if that is to be believed) get that close to someone on a proper road bike with all the advantages that has. The differences between the bikes should exceed the potential differences between humans.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Sadly that was one of the best races of the season:p

It was a lot closer than I thought it would be. Its a subject that interests me greatly because I ride a sort of roadbike wannabe version which weighs 13kg and the wheels are a bit thicker and has just pedals without any of that clip whatever technology that gives a 30% boost. So I always wonder when I ride with people with proper bikes whether I could go faster than them on a real bike.

Also I have a lot of experience with the bike hire scheme bikes which only weigh 24 not 30kg. My poor mans road bike compared to these is already a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference. Last time I stopped using the valencia version of these bikes (valenbici) and got onto my roadbike, after one pedal stroke it felt like I was on a motorcycle.

So I don't understand how even GIlbert, on a bike that weighs 7kg more (if that is to be believed) get that close to someone on a proper road bike with all the advantages that has. The differences between the bikes should exceed the potential differences between humans.

I think we have the same type of bike Hitch - I have a Specialized that is a bit heavier, thicker tyres, no drop handlebars and not the special click pedals. I think it is called a "fitness bike".

Also if I understood correctly there is a 23kg difference between the two bikes because the BMC one weighs 7kg and the other 30kg.

I agree about the bike hire bikes. I used Sevici as you know and at first I tried to ride it like a normal bike but you can't. It comes closer to a scooter in weight and in handling than a bike.

What you also must consider though is that this postman's bike had 7 speeds and the bike hire bikes usually only have 3.

Michele said:
Sorry to ruin the emotional moment, but do you realize this video really resemble those races made up at TopGear? The ones where they come everytime very close at the finish line.

I don't know Top Gear but I agree it feels like this should not have been this close, especially since the postman must be in pretty good shape if he rides this every day

TRENDING THREADS