• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

barmaher said:
The name goes with the meme

h7C9DBF36

That said, I've always thought that Alberto Contador, Alejandro Valverde and Joaquim Rodriguez all had pretty cool names. Samu as well

Re: Coolest Names in the Peloton

Love this topic

Corny names:
Svein Tuft
Preben Van Hecke
Jens Keukeleire
Tejay Van Garderen
Tom Van Asbroeck

Cool names:
Quentin Jauregui
Domenico Pozzovivo
Alexis Vuillermoz
Antwan Tolhoek
Rigoberto Uran Uran
Kenny Elissonde
Willie Smit
& all Basque names

All Estonian names are a perfect mix of corny and cool.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Sonny Colbrelli is pretty cool. Taken out of a Godfather movie.
I've never seen the godfather.

I have to say I've played a lot of GTA Vice City, which has been inspired by it, and it seems like a name that would fit in perfectly

GTA Vice City is inspired by the film Scarface. The mansion is the same as in the film, the story is very similar as is the ending and the setting. 1 of the characters - Rosenberg, is lifted straight from the movie Carlito's way which is in some way a sequel to Scarface.

GTA 3 is the one largely based Mafia stereotypes. Maybe a little bit the Godfather but the Godfather always portrayed Mafia as some sort of men of honour whereas in the GTA world they are all just criminals.
A few characters appear there and then in Vice City.

Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Red Rick said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Sonny Colbrelli is pretty cool. Taken out of a Godfather movie.
I've never seen the godfather.

I have to say I've played a lot of GTA Vice City, which has been inspired by it, and it seems like a name that would fit in perfectly

GTA Vice City is inspired by the film Scarface. The mansion is the same as in the film, the story is very similar as is the ending and the setting. 1 of the characters - Rosenberg, is lifted straight from the movie Carlito's way which is in some way a sequel to Scarface.

GTA 3 is the one largely based Mafia stereotypes. Maybe a little bit the Godfather but the Godfather always portrayed Mafia as some sort of men of honour whereas in the GTA world they are all just criminals.
A few characters appear there and then in Vice City.
Whoops, guess that's more proof I didn't watch either of those movies :eek:

TRENDING THREADS