• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Koronin said:
One of my all time favorite names in the peloton has been Sylvain Chavanel.

Even your favorite name is Spanish :D

LOL Well my favorite name that if I had a child is Spanish as well. (I don't have children by choice). If I had a son my first choice for a name is Diego my second choice is Alejandro. I couldn't pick them as coolest names in the peloton (esp Alejandro) as they are common names.

tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
Okay, I realise he's (probably) not a pro, but... Cfrankjkoviengic!
I have questions. Mainly, "How…?" How do you even pronounce that without tying your tongue into a knot?

That's probably the most "let me just push a bunch of random buttons on my keyboard"-looking name I have ever seen!

I was actually just thinking something to that extend:
Maybe whoever was in charge of registering him just sneezed and accidentally hit a bunch of random keys.
Bit like how "Hodge" became "Hodeg", just with slightly less… pronounce-able results.

(And now some Croatian on this forum is probably gonna jump in all "Actually, it's pronounced 'Smith'."

RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
I have questions. Mainly, "How…?" How do you even pronounce that without tying your tongue into a knot?

That's probably the most "let me just push a bunch of random buttons on my keyboard"-looking name I have ever seen!

I was actually just thinking something to that extend:
Maybe whoever was in charge of registering him just sneezed and accidentally hit a bunch of random keys.
Bit like how "Hodge" became "Hodeg", just with slightly less… pronounce-able results.

(And now some Croatian on this forum is probably gonna jump in all "Actually, it's pronounced 'Smith'."

:lol: :lol:

GenericBoonenFan said:
RedheadDane said:
How did you even end up finding his name?

Who cares? What is important is that we all visit his page multiple times every time we have our computers on, so that we can bump up his visits counter for the week, and turn him into a cult figure.

Re:

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
Colombia is producing the best names per capita of any nation

Winner Anacona
Darwin Atapuma
Rigoberto Uran Uran

Basque cyclists, many great names. It depends on one's native language, but they are appealing because of the consonant clusters of K, X, Z, and the accents

Beñat Intxausti
Gorka Izagirre
Amets Txurruka

I kind of agree with the Lithuania suggestion as well. Anyway, most of the 'good names' are probably on others' lists as well but it is indeed an interesting question why some names seem outstanding

Ignatas Konovalovas
Simona Krupeckaitė
Ramūnas Navardauskas

'Lance Armstrong' is a very good name for a cartoon action-hero, and that is for sure one reason why Lance was marketable by corporations
Made me think of Lance Crossfire from Roger Ramjet.
My all-time favourite name in the peloton was Jeroen Blijlevens.

Shooting from point-blank at directory, RhD...
Not a Croat, but as Đoković once said: "That's the same." So let me help you with that Croat's (family)name.
Strict phonemic principle is the key, so: "Write as you speak and read as it is written"
C like zink f like finger r like red a like appointment n like no k like j like y o u like book ko v like love i like see e like bed n g like girl i and c like Đoković. So, it must've been a typo, but better late than never to make it clear.

TRENDING THREADS