• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hey, now, finally, I took the time to have a look what „Groenewegen“ actually means. I suspected it could have to do something with „green“, what could fit very well with a TdF sprinter!… :)

I found out that „Groenewegen“ means „green roads“, which is the PERFECT name for a pro road cycling sprinter.

„Green roads“! That means, all the roads he rides guide him to the Green Jersey!

Last edited:

Hopefully her name will not reflect in her results. She didn't seem to be the worst rider in her last race.
Thankfully, her name means something completely different in Dutch... In fact, it means "sausage"...

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

This name sounds funny if you're a native speaker of a Slavic language and have certain expectations about what Slavic names are supposed to sound like.

It seems I'm the most active user in this thread recently but procyclingstats just keeps delivering interesting names to me.

It seems I'm the most active user in this thread recently but procyclingstats just keeps delivering interesting names to me.
Sounds like he's out of this world

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS