• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Copenhagen 2011: Junior Women RR 70km & Men U23 RR 168km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Good grief why did I post that drivel here when it should be in elite mens?

Chapeau Lucy!!

A Queen Victoria of the road in the making?

0911190015.JPG

May 5, 2009
Visit site
So, finally we saw some cycling on the course. Its really a shame that the hardest kilometers, or most difficult ones, are the first 3. Because the 10,5 next are just to easy. Not easy for a breakaway to stay clear, but i dont think it impossible. Does have to be a very very strong group though.

But the finish is actually a little harder than i expected. I dont see Cavendish win on sunday on that finish. Looking forward to the race, how it will be raced is very much op to the belgiums/Philippe Gilbert.

King Of The Wolds said:
I'd liken it to the finish at Cap Frehel in the Tour. You had different types of riders like Gilbert, Cav, Hushovd and Rojas right together at the end.

I'm really struggling to pick a favourite. Tough for Cav, Farrar, etc. Not tough enough for Gilbert. EBH and Hushovd haven't shown much in the last month. Italy and Spain don't look like they have the firepower. Sagan maybe doesn't have the team around him.

I think Sagan will have to try crash other people's trains. I don't think he will get his team to rides so they should survive to the finish.
Hushovd looks as if he has prepared well for this race at the ToB. He had some bad luck to not be chosen for the Vuelta. Gilbert did not go there either.

Congratulations to the french they rode the race well.Womens race tonite will be a borefest:(arndt,voss,gilmore)and tomorrows mens elite race will be .....(cavendish,greiple,gilbert)fingers crossed a decent break will go off the front early to liven up the race a little...

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
From which part of France is he? His name sounds Flemish, so could be Nord pas de Calais?

Pas Nord pas de Calais, he's from Beauvais in Picardie.
Démare could be a different spelling of De Maar I guess, but it could be from de Mare too.
People move around anyway.