• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Copenhagen 2011: Junior Women TT 13.9km & Men Under 23 TT 35.2km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
Did Durbridge change bikes mid-race?
Looking at the cyclingnews gallery he rode three (3) different bikes (one in photo 2, another in photo 5 and 6 and a third in photo 11 and 13)...
Seems very strange.

Edit: seems pics has been added to the gallery and the numbering I'm referring to is no longer coherent.
Kathrin Watt's and Bettini's pics show differrent bikes than the others.

Great performance by Durbridge, he showed Quaade how to push a big gear and still maintain a calm and aerodynamic position without too much sideways motion. Except from the Australians the technical level of the time trialing was surprisingly low I think, seems like many of them have barely trained on their TT bikes at all.

katkotom said:
he only rode one bike, the black Scott :)

Yes indeed, this was my picture from Durbridges start in Copenhagen:

p1010219gf.jpg

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Great ride by Quaade on home field. Durbridge in a league of his own. Quada lost by 50se last time they rode against eachother iirc, this time 35 sec.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
katkotom said:
he only rode one bike, the black Scott :)
Or he changed bikes three times:D

Though the 'Triple bike shift theory' is not as likely as the 'Somebody messed things up in the gallery theory'.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Magnus said:
Looking at the cyclingnews gallery he rode three (3) different bikes (one in photo 2, another in photo 5 and 6 and a third in photo 11 and 13)...
Seems very strange.

Edit: seems pics has been added to the gallery and the numbering I'm referring to is no longer coherent.
Kathrin Watt's and Bettini's pics show differrent bikes than the others.

You'd think that if he switched bikes so many times that it would be written up in the story. CN often will use photos from other races without putting in the caption that it's an archive photo - I assume this is what happened here.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
You'd think that if he switched bikes so many times that it would be written up in the story. CN often will use photos from other races without putting in the caption that it's an archive photo - I assume this is what happened here.
I only thought they did that when they had no pics from the actual event.

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Great performance by Durbridge, he showed Quaade how to push a big gear and still maintain a calm and aerodynamic position without too much sideways motion. Except from the Australians the technical level of the time trialing was surprisingly low I think, seems like many of them have barely trained on their TT bikes at all.

According to danish media the danish coachs have a hard time getting quaade out training on a normal road bike ;) but yes quaade looks like **** on the TT bike!

Hugo Koblet said:
How so? His name is Quaade btw, not Quadde.

It's pronounced something like Kvade (A pronounced as the "A" in Andy", and "de" pronounced a bit like "the").

Im sorry my grammar is terrible and altough its no excuse I always mispell even names due to my dyslexia. Pretty happy with the result I'm cheering for the danish this world championship, along with the brits.

Le Bon and Koch did not match up to my expectations. Jungels as well. I was close with Brandles' guess, i said he would finish top ten but he finished 12th. Nice ride by all podium men. Hepburn i feel sorry for as he could have maybe got silver, without crashing. Durbridge sat up near the end. Quaade did a courageous ride and narrowed the gap from the last Chrono he competed against with Durbridge, even if Luke did sit up.

The question is whether Durbridge will sign for a PT team now or just stay in the AIS program up until the Olympics.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Great first day at the Worlds. Was surprised how many people there was at the end of the day with the U23 finish. Was a great great experience, really looking forward to the next days.

Also fantastic for Denmark that the big hope, Quaade, took the silver. Now the worst pressure is off Denmark. :)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
simonk said:
Great first day at the Worlds. Was surprised how many people there was at the end of the day with the U23 finish. Was a great great experience, really looking forward to the next days.

Also fantastic for Denmark that the big hope, Quaade, took the silver. Now the worst pressure is off Denmark. :)
The worst pressure? The Elite men will have the most pressure on Sunday.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Quaade was our big hope, and the last couple of days the pressure on him from media, fans etc just got bigger and bigger. There is pressure on the elite mens because they have to do a good race, but there is not really any pressure when it comes to a good result. Its not easy to find a man on that team who can make it into top 10-15. Maybe Michael Mørkøv on a very good day.

I hope for at least 1 more medal though. U23 and junior men have ok chances in the RR imo..

auscyclefan94 said:

And with Mattis injury and Alex doing a Rasmussen they probably believed he was there only chance, where as with u being a luck ****** Aussie you can probably expect 4 models. Even if 2 are silver and bronze behind Voss. What I don't understand is how can people watch all the impressive riders Aussiestralia are bringing through and still not consider them a cycling super power?

simonk said:
Quaade was our big hope, and the last couple of days the pressure on him from media, fans etc just got bigger and bigger. There is pressure on the elite mens because they have to do a good race, but there is not really any pressure when it comes to a good result. Its not easy to find a man on that team who can make it into top 10-15. Maybe Michael Mørkøv on a very good day.

I hope for at least 1 more medal though. U23 and junior men have ok chances in the RR imo..

I was would say the best hope of win now would be a late solo attack by Late Name and the chances of that are very slim

Midnightfright said:
And with Mattis injury and Alex doing a Rasmussen they probably believed he was there only chance, where as with u being a luck ****** Aussie you can probably expect 4 models. Even if 2 are silver and bronze behind Voss. What I don't understand is how can people watch all the impressive riders Aussiestralia are bringing through and still not consider them a cycling super power?
That's beyond me as well. They've been doing extremely well for years now.

TRENDING THREADS