• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Copenhagen World Championships: Elite Women Road Race, 140km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Freddythefrog said:
Is this a thread for those with some sort of special needs ? Reading these comments it is easy to see how the banksters and politicians pull the wool. The win to the prettiest rider ? I loved somebody going by the name of AUSFAN was routing for a Gilmore win. Get informed - try this link - the title is "learning to walk again" http://www.rochellegilmore.com/2011/08/learning-to-walk-again/

Erm, the so called experts at SBS were even saying Gilmore had a chance to do well today. She didn't have the legs but she is a world class sprinter and I do read the news. I understand she had a pelvic injury. I think you are the one with special needs. Go back to your home being the loony bin, mate.

I feel sorry for Vos yet again. They should have been more aggressive though to drop sprinters like Bronzini who can't handle fast/ hot racing. I'm sure Vos would have beaten riders like Cooke, Johansson, Cantele ( great ride by her ) and any other sprinters/ good riders.

Good win by the Italians, they made sure they did not have to work so much and then swooped at the end. The Aussies ran out of numbers but Gillow looked good. Nice work by Hosking who is 20, she seemed to have a good knack of making the one split.

Boring race till Hughes went. Nice ride for her and Bronzini ( pity she does not win many other races ). I just don't want Thor to win a double.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Where did I say I watch one event a year? I was talking about selling a sport that I made the distinction needs more support. Something I do almost everytime I post about womens cycling. Womens cycling needs more help and advertising wise, this aint what it needs. I was talking about advertising, nothing more.

Put it this way, if Liz Hatch was a lot more talented and had the results Berzini had, this conversation would be over. Not that it matters to me, but to those you want to sell your sport to yes it does matter. It's about the stats and this spectacle ain't prospective. As for the posrting effots, at least some of the women tried...can't ask more than that only that more did. Which brings us to the men...hope some of them do.

You are right.And it is just as true for the men as it is the women.The advertisers can get much more mileage out of Gilbert/Cancellara than they can out of Cuddles/Chris Horner

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
To be known as the vos curse.

Descender said:
Vos second again hahaha. :D

you already posted this ;)

I assume your great talent is repeating posts. I wonder who is more impressive, some repetitive pc warrior or the most dominant rider in women cycling. hmmm...

Galic Ho said:
Where did I say I watch one event a year?

you're ignorant vibe indicated this :)

Waterloo Sunrise said:
I don't think marketing for a minority sport tends to be focused on people who already watch more than 1 race a year.

ok cool, so to please the knuckleheads we will tell the ugly chicks to stay home. cool.

auscyclefan94 said:
Erm, the so called experts at SBS were even saying Gilmore had a chance to do well today. She didn't have the legs but she is a world class sprinter and I do read the news. I understand she had a pelvic injury. I think you are the one with special needs. Go back to your home being the loony bin, mate.

lol you listen to sbs, they have no idea whatsoever.
Basically if the rider is australian they are an obvious candidate.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

I told you Hosking would do better! :D

Why listen to the experts on SBS? They're for people with no idea about cycling.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
lol you listen to sbs, they have no idea whatsoever.
Basically if the rider is australian they are an obvious candidate.

Well I thought so until Tomo asked Kate Bates "should we be cheering for Australi?" I thought that was the default option at SBS but Tomo had to ask.

I thought it was hilarious and then I realised what he meant. He wanted to know if the Aussie viewers should barrack for someone other than the Aussie girls in case they flopped.