• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CPA - Time to be heard

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I was happy to hear CPA president, Vassuer, express his opinion of the retesting of Tour samples. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vasseur-backs-aflds-retesting-of-tour-samples. What struck me was that I don't recall hearing much from the CPA (at all). A strong professional cyclist's association would seem to be important to the future of the professional cyclists as well as to the sport. Is it time that the CPA was more vocal to promote their opinions (collectively I would hope) and take a stand as a unifying body? Too often I hear from the governing bodies, team management and others (who I dare not mention). But who I want to hear from is the collective body as a unified voice. As long as they're silent and in the background, they'll get and receive everything they deserve, which is not necessarily what they want. Just one person's opinion.