• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ game 2012 evaluation thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
will10 said:
or Offredo? Is he available?
Shouldn't be as his ban ends in februalry, after the first race. Or simply that he is banned in the year of competition. Anyway, thanks for doing the competition! It brings enormous fun to following all races, to see whether
your completely unknown 5 point racer could exceed himself.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Only 9 members want to voice their opinion?

Also, as I stated in the first post, I urge everyone to send me a PM once they think of a rider with a (ex)doping suspension. I don't know them all myself.

So far I've received 0 PM's.

What is going to happen with the mass exodus to Velorooms? How is that going to work with the game?

auscyclefan94 said:
What is going to happen with the mass exodus to Velorooms? How is that going to work with the game?

Honestly, I don't know who has moved to velorooms, who hasn't and who are both places. But it's not gonna change a lot for the game.

As LaFlorecita mentions, you can still join even without an account here. You will just be registered with your velorooms account name instead.

Of course it's a shame if it means that there won't be much activity in the thread but there's not much to do about it.

The other option is to exclude anyone who hasn't got a cyclingnews account, but I don't see how that will help anything.

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I think all dope returnees should be available under the scoring rule Hugo favours. Its no advantage having a rider not available for the full season so as long as the rider has a fair price - the easy example being Offredo for 295. Its unlikely many riders fall in this catagory.

I agree with keeping name dropping out of this thread as much as possible, there are plenty of others full of decent picks.

I would like the new rules that Hugo suggest. Dopers should cost more = it will be less bargains and a more intressting game.

I also would like dopers that comeback during the year be able like offredo and the US-postal riders with 6 months suspention.

asdfgh101, idea is good both will be too difficult to handle. This game should be as easy as possible but still fair.

I agree with the rule you have suggested@Hugo Koblet.

We just need to know who has what, thx for your continued work.

@Al Pacino: I agree with your point, that this thread should not have riders names dropped (unless if people want to debate a certain rider) and i have been quite bad in other threads hinting at riders, so i shall also try in those threads.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Honestly, I don't know who has moved to velorooms, who hasn't and who are both places. But it's not gonna change a lot for the game.

As LaFlorecita mentions, you can still join even without an account here. You will just be registered with your velorooms account name instead.

Of course it's a shame if it means that there won't be much activity in the thread but there's not much to do about it.

The other option is to exclude anyone who hasn't got a cyclingnews account, but I don't see how that will help anything.
Yes, with the splitting of the two forums, it has made the game a little less exciting because of the reduced social aspect. I believe that it just should be for Velorooms and CN Forum members.

auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, with the splitting of the two forums, it has made the game a little less exciting because of the reduced social aspect. I believe that it just should be for Velorooms and CN Forum members.

Yeah, it will only be for velorooms and CN members :)
I find it a shame as well, especially because the level of activity is bound to diminish.