• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
The "high on the final rankings" part wasn't very likely anyway, he'd have to pick up bonus seconds in a very strong sprint field. Or did you expect him to win a 2 km prologue by a 20 second margin ;)

Stage win 40 + 10 for wearing leaders jersey. Possible points for coming top 5 or so in a sprint. A decent score to get from not too much effort. A shame for me as well.

Then again 40 people have Phinney so its not that big a loss. Would be nice to make up some points on those who dont have him, but thats the fun of the game.

My focus is already, on the Giro. Hoping Rujano lives up to that 3rd best climber in the world status.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
The "high on the final rankings" part wasn't very likely anyway, he'd have to pick up bonus seconds in a very strong sprint field. Or did you expect him to win a 2 km prologue by a 20 second margin ;)

If there wasn't a lot of variety from the top 3 at the finishes, and the people in the breaks were far enough behind that bonus seconds wouldn't help, then winning the prologue alone might give you a top 10 final GC.

If there's a different top 3 each final sprint... then not so much.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
MiniPhinney out huh?
Well, have quite a few horses in that race. I hope Spartacus will get me some points from the TT and Boonen or Bos will score some sprinting points :)

Go Huta! First win today. How many points do I get for that? :D

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Jancouver said:
MiniPhinney out huh?
Well, have quite a few horses in that race. I hope Spartacus will get me some points from the TT and Boonen or Bos will score some sprinting points :)

Go Huta! First win today. How many points do I get for that? :D

I believe the stage winner gets 40 points

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Matthews can do a reasonable ITT, is a class sprinter and is bang in form so I wouldnt rule him out for the prologue.. I dont know the form of some of the other riders like Bos Or Boonen as of yet.

Is there any betting sites covering this? could be a chance to make some cash..

sublimit said:
Matthews can do a reasonable ITT, is a class sprinter and is bang in form so I wouldnt rule him out for the prologue.. I dont know the form of some of the other riders like Bos Or Boonen as of yet.

Is there any betting sites covering this? could be a chance to make some cash..

Matthews wont be there. He'll be doing a couple of the races in Majorca.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Dont know why I thought Matthews was riding. My mistake.

Anton was the first rider on my teamsheet- I'm pretty much relying on him to pick up a load of points so good that he rides the Giro. Nice.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
me also, considering their schedule it looks promising.

It's true. I've got Ricco (who doesn't) but Anton was the hardest for me not to pick. And I think of all the big riders that a lot of people did pick, he's the one I'll probably cheer for the most even if he's not on my team. It's really hard to not pick someone you actually cheer for. Man, I'm already excited for the Giro.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Anton definitely doing the Giro. What I was hoping for when I picked him (Anton and Ricco in my team, will be hard not to enjoy it!).

Expect him to be 1200-1500 points.

Anton's also on my team. Expecting big things from him

jaylew said:
1st big weekend of the year. Between the 4 races going on I think I have 18 of my 31 riders competing. Now I just need some results.

Ya, seems like most riders will have their start now. I'll have 23 out of 33 riders active within the next few days and a couple of the others have already been in action in TDU.

Mellow Velo said:
There was me, avoiding the GP Etruschi thread, as I was going to watch the race later.
Oh well.
Best to avoid the whole forum, I suppose.

Sorry about that. Didn't even know they had coverage of the race.

Ya, avoiding this thread will certainly be good to avoid spoilers. I'm thinking this isn't the last time someone will post about recent results here.

ingsve said:
Sorry about that. Didn't even know they had coverage of the race.

Ya, avoiding this thread will certainly be good to avoid spoilers. I'm thinking this isn't the last time someone will post about recent results here.

Unless the top 5 in a race are taken up by Samuel Sanchez, Joaquim Rodriguez, Frank Schleck, Luis Leon Sanchez and Michelle Scarponi

TRENDING THREADS