• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh man, so cyclingnews just put full results for Etruschi:

1 Elia Viviani (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 4:35:35
2 Roberto Ferrari (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
3 Elia Favilli (Ita) Farnese Vini - Neri Sottoli
4 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale
5 Filippo Baggio (Ita) De Rosa - Ceramica Flaminia
6 Ariel Maximiliano Richeze (Arg) d'Angelo & Antenucci - Nippo
7 Manuel Belletti (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox
8 Francesco Gavazzi (Ita) Lampre - ISD
9 Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Acqua & Sapone
10 Giuseppe De Maria (Ita) De Rosa - Ceramica Flaminia
11 Giuseppe Di Salvo (Ita) Miche
12 Kristof Goddaert (Bel) AG2R La Mondiale
13 Stefan Schumacher (Ger) Miche
14 Luca Barla (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
15 Silvan Dillier (Swi) Team Vorarlberg
16 Emanuele Rizza (Ita) Ora Hotels Carrera
17 Sébastien Hinault (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
18 Pier Paolo De Negri (Ita) Farnese Vini - Neri Sottoli
19 Emanuele Bindi (Ita) Meridiana Kamen Team
20 Juan Jose Cobo Acebo (Spa) Geox-TMC

As far as I can tell, CQ gives 5 points up to 20th place, so Cobo broke his goose egg of last year already! And if Schumi hadn't scored points already earlier this year, he would've equalled last year's total...

Cha-ching! :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Anton definitely doing the Giro. What I was hoping for when I picked him (Anton and Ricco in my team, will be hard not to enjoy it!).

Expect him to be 1200-1500 points.

I'm hoping that Euskaltel keeps him out of the Ardennes. Last year Evans proved you can't be on form for both goals.

Last year he got 950 pts. without finishing a GT. Now with the chance to finish 2 GTs and an opportunity for GdL (making up for missing LBL) makes him a pretty safe bet to at least break even. Most obvious high risk high reward rider of the year IMO.

With the recent news that team managers like Dave Brailsford, Jonathan Vaughters and apparently others as well use CQranking as a source of information I wonder if any riders make sure to get a many CQ points as they can to get themselves a better profile for team managers?

The idea struck me when I saw the finish of GP Costa degli Etruschi where Peter Sagan continued to sprint to the finish line eventhough he lead out Viviani. I don't think that was what Sagan was doing necessarily but I thought it was a bit strange since it's a rather insignificant race for them. Then again even those results count towards the "team strength ranking" so that might be the reason as well.

I'm sure that some riders could certainly launch a career by having a good looking CQrankings results page.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Man the points in this race are big and really go down far. I have several riders riding in on this and hope they can boost my score up some more.

Thumbs up for Farrar's win today! WOO!

Update 4

Once again not much has happened since last update. A new guy, Jakob747, has made it into the top 10 thanks to Guardini and Monsalve, while LukeSchmid gives way. The biggest winners this update, however, are MADRAZO who moves from 42nd to 28th place and Jancouver who moves from 80th to 65th place. In the bottom end, Wiggins_fan seems to like his last place - atleast there is now 51 points - or more than 10 times the points that Wiggins_fan has made so far - up to will10 who takes 87th place .

Top 10:

Place (last update) team name - points

1. (1) microdose - 1718
2. (2) Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer - 1397
3. (3) Pcutter - 1277
4. (4) auto de fé - 1223
5. (5) Spider1964 - 1097
6. (6) lancaster - 1075
7. (10) trotters aotearoa - 1056
8. (9) Bicing - 1021
9. (7) Moondance - 1019
10. (17) Jakob747 - 981

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H1VGM8SD

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 4

Once again not much has happened since last update. A new guy, Jakob747, has made it into the top 10 thanks to Guardini and Monsalve, while LukeSchmid gives way. The biggest winners this update, however, are MADRAZO who moves from 42nd to 28th place and Jancouver who moves from 80th to 65th place. In the bottom end, Wiggins_fan seems to like his last place - atleast there is now 51 points - or more than 10 times the points that Wiggins_fan has made so far - up to will10 who takes 87th place .

Top 10:

1. (1) microdose - 1718
3. (3) Pcutter - 1277
4. (4) auto de fé - 1223
5. (5) Spider1964 - 1097
6. (6) lancaster - 1075
8. (9) Bicing - 1021
9. (7) Moondance - 1019
10. (17) Jakob747 - 981

Download:

I will be back,
or perhaps not given everytime I look at my I see another rider who I have no idea why I picked, LOL. Monsalve seems to be an excellent pickup, well bought by those who have him.

Hugo Koblet said:
Update 4

Top 10:

1. (1) microdose - 1718
3. (3) Pcutter - 1277
4. (4) auto de fé - 1223
5. (5) Spider1964 - 1097
6. (6) lancaster - 1075
8. (9) Bicing - 1021
9. (7) Moondance - 1019
10. (17) Jakob747 - 981

Download:

My position is slipping... Very likely, unless my peeps own Qatar and Majorca I will slip out of the Top 10, almost certainly never to return. :(

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Woo Hoo. I thought I was assured of last place, but not today. Alex Howes already repaying my trust with 27 point (cost 4).

2 wins for Farrar... mediocre overall place, here I come.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 4

Top 10:

1. (1) microdose - 1718
3. (3) Pcutter - 1277
4. (4) auto de fé - 1223
5. (5) Spider1964 - 1097
6. (6) lancaster - 1075
8. (9) Bicing - 1021
9. (7) Moondance - 1019
10. (17) Jakob747 - 981

Download:

Thanks for the update!
Happy to see my name mentioned and I hope I will get some points this week too. Today, I have the top 3 guys and even the top 3 GC guys at the Qatar. Hope it will stay that way :D

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I think this game will be like me in a local 5K or triathlon... if I finish in the top half of total finishers I'll view it as a huge win.

At 42 of 88... I'm just barely there at the moment.

Hugo Koblet said:
Update 4

Top 10:

1. (1) microdose - 1718
3. (3) Pcutter - 1277
4. (4) auto de fé - 1223
5. (5) Spider1964 - 1097
6. (6) lancaster - 1075
8. (9) Bicing - 1021
9. (7) Moondance - 1019
10. (17) Jakob747 - 981

Download:

Can I take this opportunity to thank you - I've never been so emotionally involved in so many crappy races!

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Can I take this opportunity to thank you - I've never been so emotionally involved in so many crappy races!

You're welcome :)

I'm really glad that this has become such a huge succes because, apart from some incidents at the beginning, there's not much work to be done with the game really.

Just glad that so many people - myself included - have become obsessed with all these minor races just to see whether their riders scores 10 points or not :)

You got it Hugo, I'm so much more aware of these races than I was before this game started, which is pretty cool. I feel it rounds out my understanding of how seasons are shaped, and makes me appreciate the traditional buildup to the 'real' spring season. Although it's kinda cheap that people are only starting to care about these races to see if they get CQ points, I feel like those things eventually turn into genuine interest, and it's a good way to get people involved in new things that they'll appreciate. Like a gateway drug. :D

On a more serious note, depending on how serious Ricco's hospitalization ends up being, that changes the spectrum of this game immensely. For those half of the posters that chose him, that could be a huge buy that is suddenly not going to offer anything. Guys already in the lead like microdose, pcutter and bcing who don't have Ricco are starting to look better all of a sudden.