• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 25, 2010
Visit site
Holy guacamole, how'd my team go so far over? I checked it twice against the CQ info.

I'll have to investigate further (compare the spreadsheet and mine) when I get home.

Jancouver said:
Idea: Top 10 overall CQ game

So since we have this awesome CQ game going I was also thinking about having a game for the top 10/20/50 or whatever number of overall CQ ranked riders for 2011.

Very simple concept. You will guess the Top 10 riders CQ ranked at the end of the 2011 season.

You get 1 point for every rider you got in top 10 (20/50) and additional points for correct rankings. 10 points if you can guess the winner 9 points for second guy etc all the way to 1 point for rider who was tenth. (or 20 down to 1 if we have top 20 game)

Discuss ....

Sounds like fun, but I dont think it's a good idea to do the competition in this thread as it will get too crowded and complicated.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hugo, as the google doc isn't updates, can you please pm me my team and the riders scores, so I can know where I'm over and who to replace. Thanks.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok Hugo, can you please omit Bos (182) + Ben King (5) and put in Timothy Roe? Btw, you have Ben King listed as 8 when it should be 5 (not that I think it matters now he's out of the team...).

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice, I'm in. I must admit to putting Stybar in after looking at a couple of teams, he probably would gone over my head but in the main i've gone for out of form riders that can do better, some obvious ones and youngsters with potential.

I still think 33 riders is a tad too much, i've gone for 30. Still its not my comp but nevertheless i like the format.

Just coming back from a couple of weeks away from the forum, really don't want to wade through 51 pages to find out what's what.

I've downloaded the spreadsheet: what are the 2011 results?
How and where does one submit an entry?
I'm assuming that column I of the 2010 results page is the "price" of each rider.
Other than Di Luca, for whom I see that 113 is the price, where are prices for other riders returning from suspensions?
Is it still a case of team size 25-33?
Any rider age/nationality restrictions?
Closing date?

It would have been nice to have had my very similar World Rankings comp given the benefit of stickiness to gain higher profile, but thanks for setting up this one.

Armchair cyclist said:
Just coming back from a couple of weeks away from the forum, really don't want to wade through 51 pages to find out what's what.

I'm assuming that column I of the 2010 results page is the "price" of each rider.
Other than Di Luca, for whom I see that 113 is the price, where are prices for other riders returning from suspensions?
Closing date?

It would have been nice to have had my very similar World Rankings comp given the benefit of stickiness to gain higher profile, but thanks for setting up this one.

Yep 25- 33 riders
Prices are their value on the cq website http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/cqRankingRider.asp?current=1
No restrictions
Closing Date is 31st December. But since you havent read the 51 pages you might be unaware that most people already submitted their lists and you are strongly urged to resist the temptation of looking at other people lists. Not that im saying you would, but just a notice.

Q's and A's today!

Armchair cyclist said:
Read the opening post.

Armchair cyclist said:
Read the opening post.

Armchair cyclist said:
Read the opening post.

Armchair cyclist said:
Read the opening post.

Armchair cyclist said:
No.

Armchair cyclist said:
Closing date?
Read the opening post.

:p

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
A question:

Does anyone know if it's possible to do some data analysis in Excel? Like making the program list what riders have been chosen how many times etc?

You can use the countif function.

For example, if you had all the teams on one sheet, you would use something like "=COUNTIF(Teams!$1:$65536,E2) in a cell next to the CQ data. This would essentially count all the occurrences of whatever is in E2 on the sheet named "Teams". If E2 is rider name, and you drag that cell down, you'd get a count of every team on that sheet with each name.

To be honest, I'm not sure how you'd do that over a series of sheets though.

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Very nice initiative Hugo. I have been reading CN forums for quite a while but this was what made me register.

I hope I can keep up with the experts in here.

Anyway, I submitted my team in a PM to Hugo but I will post it as well:

ARVESEN Kurt Asle
BOONEN Tom
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
DEIGNAN Philip
FEILLU Brice
GOSS Matthew
GUSEV Vladimir
HAUSSLER Heinrich
TEN DAM Laurens
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
URAN URAN Rigoberto
KROON Karsten
BOS Theo
MOLLEMA Bauke
MAASKANT Martijn
NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
NUYENS Nick
OSS Daniel
PELLIZOTTI Franco
PLAZA MOLINA Ruben
RICCO Riccardo
SANTAMBROGIO Mauro
SCHUMACHER Stefan
SICARD Romain
SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio
IGNATIEV Mikhail
STYBAR Zdenek
SÖRENSEN Chris Anker
POSTHUMA Joost
VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro
VANDE VELDE Christian
VELITS Peter
ZANDIO ECHAIDE Xabier

I could not resist to include Valverde for 0 points even though he will not race in 2011 :D

Cheers
The Amateur

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
A question:

Does anyone know if it's possible to do some data analysis in Excel? Like making the program list what riders have been chosen how many times etc?

Depends a bit on how the Excel sheet has been build. There sure are ways. Like the countif function or the use of macros.

ingsve said:
Any chance of allowing substitutions because of the collapse of Pegasus?

My initiial instinct is NO!.

1 ingsve. You should have known better ;)

2 It doesnt benefit me (the main consideration).

But on a more serious note considering people are leaving their submissions till the last possible minute:(, i think its only fair that you can change the riders you have who it turns out wont be riding.

Just my thought, ultimately its up to hugo of course. But hes been fair throughout, so i expect he will say yes.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
You can use the countif function.

For example, if you had all the teams on one sheet, you would use something like "=COUNTIF(Teams!$1:$65536,E2) in a cell next to the CQ data. This would essentially count all the occurrences of whatever is in E2 on the sheet named "Teams". If E2 is rider name, and you drag that cell down, you'd get a count of every team on that sheet with each name.

To be honest, I'm not sure how you'd do that over a series of sheets though.

WOW!! This has exploded since I was on here last. As far as the CountIf function goes, if you have multiple sheets you could always string CountIf functions (Countif(TEam 1) + Countif(Team 2)) Or you could use a Pivot Table with a Count function on as too many Countif()s can really bog down a file. Let me know if you need more Excel help as I'm an accountant and work in Excel all day. It would be fun to do something enjoyable in it for once. Best of luck to everyone. Here's hoping I break even with my PCM team!!

TRENDING THREADS