• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
i have renshaw and roe tomorrow.

TDU; renshaw, roe, ten dam, van leijen.
i don't think i'll be getting to many points.

Roe might do alright tommorow. He could be a surprise. I think Will Clarke will go well on Tuesday but I am annoyed I don't have him in my team!

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Not sure who I got at the TDU but just looking at my team I realized that I have a nice variety of riders from 18 teams and 13 countries.

Team:
Ag2r
Astana
BMC
Cofidis
FDJ
Garmin
HTC
Katusha
Leopard
Liquigas
Movistar?
NetApp
Quickstep
Rabobank
Radioshack
Sky
UnitedHealthcare
Vacansoleil

AUS
BEL
BLR
CZE
EST
FRA
GBR
ITA
NED
RUS
SUI
SWE
USA

Not too shabby for a small team of 26 riders :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Roe might do alright tommorow. He could be a surprise. I think Will Clarke will go well on Tuesday but I am annoyed I don't have him in my team!

unfortunately the poster who always claims a bmc rider will do well does me little confidence :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
unfortunately the poster who always claims a bmc rider will do well does me little confidence :p

This time I said 'might'! It is a knew year and I think he should go in the break and hope it stays away.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I have, Gerrans, Mathews, Renshaw, and er.. Tanner :eek: tomorrow.

Hopefully a bunch gallop with Mathews winning, though Goss and Davis will be difficult to beat in that scenario.

And I'm hoping Theo Bos will do some damage at the TDU! not literally though.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
sublimit said:

Hopefully a bunch gallop with Mathews winning, though Goss and Davis will be difficult to beat in that scenario.

good effort that would be, finishing 6 days and getting to Australia in time for the tdu.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
sublimit said:

Don't be embarrassed of having Tanner. He is a good rider.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Quick question:
I'm a little mixed up... is Heinrich Haussler currently registered with the German or Australian national federation? I seem to recall him switching from one to the other.

If he is registered Australian, is he participating in the NC's?

royalpig180 said:
Quick question:
I'm a little mixed up... is Heinrich Haussler currently registered with the German or Australian national federation? I seem to recall him switching from one to the other.

If he is registered Australian, is he participating in the NC's?

Haussler is Australian now. But hes not doing the rr.

Bobridge does seem like a great buy and it looks like anyone who bought him has a major advantage. Until you see who bought him.

auto de fé
coppiman
deValtos
EvansIsTheBest
Mellow Velo
microdose
Moondance
Object
Pcutter
skidmark
Spare Tyre
Spider1964
trotters aotearoa

Of these 13 people, 10 are in the bottom half based on 2009 rankings.

PC utter who also has Goss, and has a very good team, but who is likely to lose out big with Janez Brajkovic on whom he spent almost a thousand.

The most likely contender out of these however is skidmark whose team i assessed a few pages back. Looking at it again, he has all of the guys tipped for success, but as i pointed out, i think the 3 of Van garderen, Kreuziger and Gusev will cost him ( as well as Efimkins retirement).

The Hitch said:
Bobridge does seem like a great buy and it looks like anyone who bought him has a major advantage. Until you see who bought him.

I wouldn't say that anyone at any point has a major advantage based on one rider alone. What it means if you get one rider scoring well is that you can check one of you riders off as having reached the goal of improving all riders.

Perhaps if someone goes from 3-400 points something like 1500-2000 then that riders would give an advantage alone but I doubt many riders will improve like that.

ingsve said:
I wouldn't say that anyone at any point has a major advantage based on one rider alone. What it means if you get one rider scoring well is that you can check one of you riders off as having reached the goal of improving all riders.

Perhaps if someone goes from 3-400 points something like 1500-2000 then that riders would give an advantage alone but I doubt many riders will improve like that.

Ok i chose the wrong words. But seeing how many people have the same 9 or 10 superbuys - di luca, Haussler, Pellizoti, CObo etc etc etc finding a bobridge who looks like hes getting big points, that no one else chose, can be a big advantage.

The Hitch said:

auto de fé
coppiman
deValtos
EvansIsTheBest
Mellow Velo
microdose
Moondance
Object
Pcutter
skidmark
Spare Tyre
Spider1964
trotters aotearoa

Of these 13 people, 10 are in the bottom half based on 2009 rankings.

PC utter who also has Goss, and has a very good team, but who is likely to lose out big with Janez Brajkovic on whom he spent almost a thousand.

The most likely contender out of these however is skidmark whose team i assessed a few pages back. Looking at it again, he has all of the guys tipped for success, but as i pointed out, i think the 3 of Van garderen, Kreuziger and Gusev will cost him ( as well as Efimkins retirement).
It seems to me that you think just because someone is in the bottom half of the 2009 rankings, they have no chance of winning (please correct me if I misunderstood).
This is obviously false as teams with low scores in 2009 mean lots of young, promising riders which could score big like Bobridge.
For the moment we are in the lead so we are right :p but only time will tell which strategy was the best and every team (bar one) has the potential to win.
For one, I am happy with my team and each rider has the possibility to increase his score tremendously ;)

Good game to you all.

EvansIsTheBest said:
It seems to me that you think just because someone is in the bottom half of the 2009 rankings, they have no chance of winning (please correct me if I misunderstood).
This is obviously false as teams with low scores in 2009 mean lots of young, promising riders which could score big like Bobridge.
For the moment we are in the lead so we are right :p but only time will tell which strategy was the best and every team (bar one) has the potential to win.
For one, I am happy with my team and each rider has the possibility to increase his score tremendously ;)

Good game to you all.

Well first of all i did look at most of those teams earlier.

But second of all, I say bottom half is far less threatening because the cut off point for top and bottom half is 10 000 points and anyone under 10 000 points will struggle to make up a 3- 4000 point deficit based solely on young riders.

Some young riders break out, some dont. Caught dopers and high scorers who were injured last year, on the other hand, have a far greater likelyhood for success, and a far greater potential for multiplying their score.

TRENDING THREADS